Page 1 of 1

LBA won't target TFs

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:04 pm
by Kingfish
I have 2 squadrons of B-25s at PM. They are set for naval strike at 1000 ft. Morale is high, fatigue almost non-existent. Plenty of supplies and support, and the airfield is in excellent condition.

Across the Owen Stanley mountains is Buna, under Japanese control. They have been supplied by regular shuttle runs of AP / AKs from Rabaul. My PBYs from Gili Gili have spotted them everyday, usually midway between Rabaul and Buna. Their only protection is the occasional PG or MSW unit, and only one of each. In other words they are the perfect target for my '25's.

The problem is I can't target them. Everytime I click on them I get the "Can't target TF" message. If I leave them alone they usually conduct their own naval strike, but most often go off after the lone MSW or AG unit cruising off of Lae.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Re: LBA won't target TFs

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:33 pm
by dpstafford
Originally posted by Kingfish
Is there something I'm doing wrong?
No, you're not doing anything wrong. That's the way the game works. The B-25's are probably just going after the closer target.

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:12 pm
by Sonny
You can't target TFs. You just set the mission for naval attack and let the base commander decide whom to attack.:)

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:52 pm
by FAdmiral
I quite often see B-25s fly to & bomb a TF up near Kavieng
because it was spotted early and by the time more spottings
were reported even closer, the planes were already on their
way. Yes, it would be nice to be able to have a pop-up menu
to ask if you would like the closer target bombed instead of the
long way away one. Maybe a suggestion for the WITP game.

JIM BERG, SR.

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:57 pm
by dpstafford
Originally posted by FAdmiral
I quite often see B-25s fly to & bomb a TF up near Kavieng
because it was spotted early and by the time more spottings
were reported even closer, the planes were already on their
way. Yes, it would be nice to be able to have a pop-up menu
to ask if you would like the closer target bombed instead of the
long way away one. Maybe a suggestion for the WITP game.
This would NOT work in PBEM. So this would NOT be a good idea for either UV or WITP. Time to graduate to the big leagues, boys.....