Page 1 of 5

OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:24 am
by Ddog
Well, I have debated LONG and HARD over posting this story.......but I figure most of the guys on here have a terrific sense of humor and may have some similar stories. And hey! If I can't laugh at myself then life has gotten really bad.

Any way, I am 43. Been separated for 14 months. Awaiting Jan to roll around to finalize things for tax purposes. I started dating again a little while back. I have dated women from ages 29 to 50. I have learned that it's not the same as it was 20 years ago. The internet has turned everything into a commodity, even dates. Men are now in demand, and you don't have to be a model to score the hot ones. You just have to be confident, caring, and a great listener.

Now on to the story that sparked this thread. I had been seeing a girl that lives a little farther away. She's 34, red head, curvy, and very adventurous. One night while talking on the phone she asks if I missed her. And I said yes of course, even though it had been like 2 days since I seen her. So she proceeds to send me a naughty pic. Then another....and more. I thanked her of course. She then asked where her pic was. I said what pic? And she said, "you know, a pic of (it)". So I thought about it and said that I might before going to bed. So before bed, I grab the digital camera and get a "tin type" made of Private Johnson. Go to the computer and mail it off. I figure if she shows it to anyone, I have plausible deniability since my face is not in the pic. Hell it could be Brett Farve for all anyone else knows. The next morning I get my wake up call from my angel of the minute and I ask her how she liked Pvt Johnsons pic. She replies "What pic?" And I explained how I had sent it, and she denied receiving it. I was puzzled at first. But then as I logged onto google I had gotten a reply from a long time WITP/AE opponent that said the following..."I think your email was meant for one of your lady friends. Unless its some ploy to throw of the Japanese invaders. In which case they are still laughing." I was horrified....a million excuses ran through my mind....Virus! No Hacked! Wasn't me! But then I just figured I'm too old to lie. And I wrote back apologizing.....telling him not to feel the need to reciprocate. Seen one seen them all, and I am just glad I don't email my mother on a regular basis.

Anyway, hope people see the humor in this and maybe we can get some other stories????

PS Eharmony is nothing but a Meat Market!! lol

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:54 am
by wdolson
I read this to my SO.  She got a laugh out of it too.  I'm glad you can laugh about it, I think I would be hiding under the bed for a while if I ever did anything like that.

I've been happily mated since before sexting existed, so I haven't been in your position. Though I have accidentally e-mailed the wrong thing to the wrong person a couple of times and it has been embarrassing.  Nothing anyone would really find all that funny though. 

Bill

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:34 am
by zzodr
Hey Ddog,

Very funny story!
Been separated now for 11 months. And yes you are right the dating seen has changed a lot!

Good luck hope it all works out.

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:37 am
by Chickenboy
Funny story, Ddog-thanks for sharing. I would hate to have to visit the dating world again after 19 years with my wife.

As for sending that picture to my honorable opponent? I suspect that he would use it to dictate terms of my immediate surrender. And I'd have no choice but to comply! [:D]

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:28 am
by GreyJoy
I was in a post office when i read this....
 
Man, i started to laugh loud!!![:D][:D][:D]
 
Thx for sharing! Cool story!
 
For what is worth i sometimes send strange pics to my Pbem Opponent, right Rader? [:D]

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:00 am
by LoBaron
LOL! Great story.
Did your opponent surrender? [:D]


Not even close to the same but I´ll contribute anyway:

While I was still new at my current job I slowly got accustomed to the fact that when
the working day finally comes to an end the team likes to play a network
version of parcheesi/ludo.

The game has an integrated chat and its business as usual to flame the other players like crazy,
using about every word requireing censorship in this forum.
My girl works in the same company and we use MSN Messnger for internal communication, and, obviousely,
private conversation.

Well, to make a long story short, I learned that its good idea to separate both chat windows physicall from
each other after enduring a chorus yelling:
"SEE YOU IN A MINUTE SEXAAHHYYYY!!!!"
for 3 weeks in a row when leaving work...

[8|]


Edit: but at least this was better than the other way around: having to explain to my girlfriend
why I told her to "**** ******* ********* *****" over msn... [;)]

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:01 pm
by Grfin Zeppelin
Pictures or it didnt happen [:D]

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:13 pm
by soticrandy
never send, always receive! [:-]

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:34 pm
by jeffk3510
ORIGINAL: soticrandy

never send, always receive! [:-]

That depends exactlly what you're talking about...[8|]

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:36 pm
by jeffk3510
Ddog-

That story just made my day...I'll have to tell my wife over lunch...

I have never done the whole sexting thing or anything like that... hell I have trouble getting my wife to do that in person....

I have no idea what I would do if I received that from my PBEM opponents...[:D][:D]

Happily married, which a little boy, and another one due next year..... and I couldn't imagine trying to date again... where the hell would I find the time?

See ya in a minute Sexaaahhy!

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:05 pm
by Ddog
Well the whole thing left me a little confused. After I apologized to my opponent, he was like "No big deal." I'm wondering if I should take offense to that???

Thanks for sharing LoBaron!! Or should I say Sexaaahy! ;)

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:21 pm
by Miller
Pah..........The needs of the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere come before the needs of any woman[;)]

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:27 pm
by USSAmerica
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Funny story, Ddog-thanks for sharing. I would hate to have to visit the dating world again after 19 years with my wife.

As for sending that picture to my honorable opponent? I suspect that he would use it to dictate terms of my immediate surrender. And I'd have no choice but to comply! [:D]

Indeed you would have no choice! [:D]

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:28 pm
by USSAmerica
ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

Pictures or it didnt happen [:D]

[:D]

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:59 pm
by Admiral Mitscher
I feel for your opponent, as I would class this as extreme psychological warfare. [;)]

Also for some strange reason, Nemo121's avatar mask keeps popping into my mind, when I think of a naked male pic. [:D]

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:07 pm
by Schanilec
I have a couple of pick-up lines I like using.

"You know, once you go Czech you'll never pay cash again."

or

"Have you ever had a Czech against you?"

[8D]

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 pm
by Cap Mandrake
Santa Maria! Hilarious story!

If you receive an invitation for an WITP/AE sleepover I would be very cautious.

You also must know your write in campaign for President is dead. [:D]

BTW...fluffed or unfluffed?

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:12 pm
by LoBaron
ORIGINAL: Admiral Mitscher

I feel for your opponent, as I would class this as extreme psychological warfare. [;)]

Also for some strange reason, Nemo121's avatar mask keeps popping into my mind, when I think of a naked male pic. [:D]

And now, for some strange reason, Admmiral Mitscher´s face pops into my mind when I think of the face behind Nemo´s mask.

This getting very, very strange. Talk about psychological warfare...

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:50 pm
by Dixie
ORIGINAL: USS America

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

Pictures or it didnt happen [:D]

[:D]

I'll take his word for it [:D]

RE: OT Dating 101 for those new to the scene..

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:51 pm
by LeeChard
Don't you wish life had a rewind button[:D]