Page 1 of 1
Space Port Income?
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:06 pm
by Abefar
I have been trying to figure out what Space Port Income is but havent been able to find a clear answer. I have been searching these forums for clues.
I seems that most people say that Space Port Income is income from the private sector buying ships. That sounds about right, but it seems to be more than that? could it be trade income from foreign races buying ressources at your bases?
If not is trade completely run by private sector? and im not getting a dime of what im selling of ressources to other races (nor am i paying for importing ress. from other races) except maybe a small % if I have a trade agreement with another race.
RE: Space Port Income?
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:42 pm
by cookie monster
There is a (trade centre)??? component which makes space port income
RE: Space Port Income?
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:52 pm
by Abefar
Can you explain further? So the trade centre income component shows up as Space Port income? Im getting a small % (depending on the component) of what im selling ressources for to other races?
RE: Space Port Income?
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:12 pm
by cookie monster
ORIGINAL: Abefar
Can you explain further? So the trade centre income component shows up as Space Port income? Im getting a small % (depending on the component) of what im selling ressources for to other races?
No I cannot explain further. I only know the trade centre is a component which earns commision, check the ingame galactopedia for information.
RE: Space Port Income?
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:21 pm
by Gelatinous Cube
I believe the Space Port income is only Private Ships being built. Commerce Center income would be reflected as Foreign Trade. I think.
This is one of those things which needs a detailed, thorough, Nedrear/Jeeves/WhoeverWroteTheEnergyThread-style investigation.
RE: Space Port Income?
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:58 am
by feelotraveller
Space port income includes the % you make as take on transactions taking place in your empire. It includes commissions at spaceports but also at mining bases as well. These are the small bits you see adding up. The large chunks, as mentioned, are the sale of private ships.
RE: Space Port Income?
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:07 am
by Gelatinous Cube
ORIGINAL: feelotraveller
Space port income includes the % you make as take on transactions taking place in your empire. It includes commissions at spaceports but also at mining bases as well. These are the small bits you see adding up. The large chunks, as mentioned, are the sale of private ships.
So the Foreign Trade number is just the bonuses from Free Trade/Mutual Defense Pact/Protectorage? Do you know if it takes Subjegated Tribute into account, or is that only displayed in the Tribute column?
RE: Space Port Income?
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:10 am
by jpwrunyan
I get huge spaceport income even when my private sector isnt building ships.
RE: Space Port Income?
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:39 am
by feelotraveller
Trade is the bonuses from diplomatic agreements, yes. I'm not sure about the tribute but suspect it is shown separately. (Although a space trucker I tend to fight my wars mercilessly to the end... so I rarely have any more than momentary subjugations...).
I'm not sure what you call 'huge' but for normal trade it's piddling. E.g., 1000 caslon at base market price (no shortage) = 800, of which at starting tech you get 5%, so that's 40 whole credits [X(]. Luxuries are more lucrative...
RE: Space Port Income?
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:08 am
by Abefar
Thx for the replies.
Im guessing the 5% fee is only on goods bought by other races not the goods transported internally, right?. Im also guessing that goods bought from alien races are paid by the privat sector?
RE: Space Port Income?
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:36 pm
by feelotraveller
Yes your private sector pay for any goods that they purchase from other empires.
The 5% fee used to only be on foreign trade in previous versions but I believe that it has changed in Legends. I certainly get lots of small fees (easy to notice at start of game) from resource transportation that is not external. Definintely applies to luxury goods. I assume it applies to all goods transported and was probably always intended to be that way...
RE: Space Port Income?
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:22 pm
by jpwrunyan
For me huge is 10k bonus when I still only have my homeworld. I wo der if the private sector is upgrading their ships...?