Page 1 of 1
Leningrad port supply question
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:55 pm
by csarebel
My understanding is that I need to capture the ports on the east shore. What if I cut the rail line to these ports? Logically it should do the trick but if it has I haven't noticed a weakening of the defence.
RE: Leningrad port supply question
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:00 pm
by Q-Ball
Cutting RR lines is not enough in the game (and wasn't historically, either). Leningrad can draw supply over Lake Ladoga, through the port of Ostinovets, connected to ports on the eastern shore of the lake (the hardest to take of which is Svir, right on the Svir river)
You need to take either Ostinovets or Svir to isolate Leningrad, and eliminate Ladoga as a supply route
RE: Leningrad port supply question
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:54 pm
by Mentor
If you isolate the eastern ports altogether (by linking with the Finns) then you isolate the Leningrad area as well. Cutting the rail is not enough.
RE: Leningrad port supply question
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:12 pm
by RCHarmon
You could also try bombing the ports.