Page 1 of 1
OT: BUDGET
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:07 pm
by 5thGuardsTankArmy
Here YOU can fix the US Budget.
How does your US look like?
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010 ... aphic.html
RE: OT: BUDGET
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:20 pm
by dorjun driver
That was fun. I ended up with a surplus. Remember to write me in on November 6th!
RE: OT: BUDGET
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:56 pm
by stuman
ORIGINAL: dorjun driver
That was fun. I ended up with a surplus. Remember to write me in on November 6th!
I also ended up with a surplus. If you get elected on the write-in vote, I can be your Treasury Secretary !
RE: OT: BUDGET
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:00 am
by 5thGuardsTankArmy
ORIGINAL: stuman
ORIGINAL: dorjun driver
That was fun. I ended up with a surplus. Remember to write me in on November 6th!
I also ended up with a surplus. If you get elected on the write-in vote, I can be your Treasury Secretary !
Yup, question is tho if the US gov would evan consider any of those alternative solutions..
RE: OT: BUDGET
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:50 am
by dorjun driver
ORIGINAL: stuman
ORIGINAL: dorjun driver
That was fun. I ended up with a surplus. Remember to write me in on November 6th!
I also ended up with a surplus. If you get elected on the write-in vote, I can be your Treasury Secretary !
You bet.
We may have to put
5thGuardsTankArmy up against the wall though. He just can't seem to get behind the new boss.
RE: OT: BUDGET
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:58 am
by tocaff
Easy to do what is needed when you don't have to worry about running again for office.
RE: OT: BUDGET
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:05 pm
by dorjun driver
ORIGINAL: tocaff
Easy to do what is needed when you don't have to worry about running again for office.
Isn't that the point?
RE: OT: BUDGET
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:22 pm
by Sredni
I actually found it hard to cut much other then the military, or govt wages or number of govt workers. Every time I wanted to cut something I found myself thinking of the people who would be effected, or stuff like cutting farm subsidies. Cutting the farm subsidies would be like walking into a minefield. Not a political one (which it would be), but an economic one as all the farm subsidies are intertwined throughout the world in a careful dance of each country trying to keep it's farming sector competitive. If one group were to cut farm subsidies out of the blue without mutual cuts from competitors and such I would think bad things would happen.
What I found shocking though tbh is that you guys don't have a sales tax. It may be the most annoying tax in existence, but it's also the fairest.
Then there's stuff like carbon taxes. I wouldn't want a carbon tax going into general revenue, I would want it earmarked for research into green technology.
So to reach a balanced budget without cutting spending in area's that I would deem unacceptable would require tax increase, to everybody. Something your government seems terrified of doing. *shrug*
RE: OT: BUDGET
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:28 pm
by dorjun driver
Have Sredni shot as well. This is America, damn it!
RE: OT: BUDGET
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:28 pm
by oldman45
I did it and didn't take any money from the military [;)]
RE: OT: BUDGET
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:05 am
by bradfordkay
Why does this thread exist? Politics are verboten on this forum.
RE: OT: BUDGET
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:15 am
by Admiral Mitscher
I was wondering the same myself, looks to me like a bit of trolling. [:-]
RE: OT: BUDGET
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:16 pm
by jeffk3510
Thats because Helmut is a troll
RE: OT: BUDGET
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:30 pm
by USSAmerica
ORIGINAL: Admiral Mitscher
I was wondering the same myself, looks to me like a bit of trolling. [:-]
A bit? [:D]