Page 1 of 1

1108r6c won't launch

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:31 am
by HansBolter
I upgraded to 1108r6c yesterday and the game will not launch with that exe.

duoble clicking the desktop shortcut results in a black game launch screen that hangs and never launches the game.

I tried it 7 tiems. each time the computer hung to the point where task manager wouldn't even launch to be able to shut down the program.

I had to force a system shut down each time by holding down the power button for 5 seconds.

I downgraded back to 1108r6 this morning and the game launches fine once again with that exe.


I'm running XP w/ SP3.

RE: 1108r6c won't launch

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:53 am
by michaelm75au
I just tried r6c on my XP/SP3 laptop and it started okay.

Anyone else having issues.

RE: 1108r6c won't launch

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:57 am
by sdevault
XP/SP3 here - No problems.
I should add that I am running 1108r6c.

RE: 1108r6c won't launch

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:21 am
by dorjun driver
1108r6c under Win7 Pro big box and no probs.

RE: 1108r6c won't launch

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:23 pm
by CaptDave
Same here -- Windows 7, laptop, 1108rc, no problems.

RE: 1108r6c won't launch

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:52 pm
by Halsey
ORIGINAL: HansBolter

I upgraded to 1108r6c yesterday and the game will not launch with that exe.

duoble clicking the desktop shortcut results in a black game launch screen that hangs and never launches the game.

I tried it 7 tiems. each time the computer hung to the point where task manager wouldn't even launch to be able to shut down the program.

I had to force a system shut down each time by holding down the power button for 5 seconds.

I downgraded back to 1108r6 this morning and the game launches fine once again with that exe.


I'm running XP w/ SP3.


You need to go to the game folder and create a new shortcut from the exe there.[;)]

Then move it to your desktop, the comp and public beta upgrades are notorious for not overwrting the desktop shortcut from previous installs.

RE: 1108r6c won't launch

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:46 am
by HansBolter
I double checked the desktop icon and it was launching the correct upgraded exe. it would not start.

I'm back to 1108r6 and i'll wait for the next exe after 1108r6c before trying another beta exe.


since it seems to work for everyone else, of course it must be something I did wrong rather than an actual problem with the executable! [8|]

RE: 1108r6c won't launch

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:36 pm
by 6971grunt
Have recently upgraded to 8r6 and have not experienced any trouble from my end doing PBEMs - HOWEVER, it appears that my PBEM opponents are having trouble uploading the files.

I'm not sure whether or not it's on their end [i.e., they haven't upgraded to 8r6 (but that has never been aproblem with prior upgrades) - one claims he has upgraded] or it's from my end [running Windows XP]. I haven't had trouble running the games up to this point with differenct versions, but all of a sudden they are having uploading troubles.

Any suggestions, comments, etc.?