Page 1 of 1

Playing with the expansions

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:18 am
by neofit
Hi,

I got DW when it came out, but back then it was buggy, my economy tanked, and I put the game away for some time. Then I got the 1st expansion, but didn't have time to play with it either. Apparently there is a 2nd expansion, and I am stuck at home for about 3 weeks with my left arm in a cast, and this looks like the perfect time to play a game that requires only one arm :).

Now, I hear that there are things like a plot and missions in the expansions. So how should I play them? Install the vanilla game, patch it, "finish" it, then add each expansion and finish them in turn? Or install the game and both expansions at the same time, start playing and the plots/stories/missions will "popup" when required?

Thanks.

RE: Playing with the expansions

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:49 am
by Modest
I wish You to quickly come back to health. As for game - do not patch it, just instal vanilia, then Shakturi and then Legends. And afther THAT patch it up (only Legends).

RE: Playing with the expansions

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:01 am
by Strat_84
Actually it is better to install DW, then Return of the Shakturi, then the last patch for Return of the Shakturi, then Legend and its last patch.

If you don't do that, you'll miss several icons for Ions and Scanner weapons/defense.

RE: Playing with the expansions

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:11 am
by cookie monster
So how are you gonna press Control and then right click for more missions with your left arm in a cast???

Hehe

You should just go play Legends straight off, you can enable the ROTS storyline and not miss out on it.

RE: Playing with the expansions

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:23 am
by neofit
Sounds complicated, I am glad I asked first, thanks for the answers. Now I guess I only have to wait for the promised early-January patch to unsuck the ship design screen I suppose.

As for the arm, it is not a cast per se, I had a custom splint made for 190€ so I can rest my hand on the wasd part of the keyboard. Definitely worth it, a 3 weeks "vacation" without the ability to play would have been too sad.

RE: Playing with the expansions

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:40 pm
by feelotraveller
ORIGINAL: Strat_84

Actually it is better to install DW, then Return of the Shakturi, then the last patch for Return of the Shakturi, then Legend and its last patch.

If you don't do that, you'll miss several icons for Ions and Scanner weapons/defense.

Thankyou. That is very useful to know. [&o]

Looks like I'm going to have to reinstall sometime...

RE: Playing with the expansions

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:45 pm
by Strat_84
Glad to help. I guess I was not the only one who went mad with those white/yellow squares in front of some components. [:D]