Page 1 of 1

events crisis

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:42 pm
by wolf14455
What country can I play to not get strange event triggers?
No fall gelb trigger, polish or russian occupation choises when Paris is captured.
and more
So until the patch or event quick fix, what country can I play?

RE: events crisis

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:39 pm
by wolf14455
Well it seams I have to figure this out my self. What happen? Im buying the game late and u all already asked all and waiting for the patch?


RE: events crisis

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:18 pm
by gwgardner
Events occur for all the major countries.

If there is a particular event that you absolutely don't want to see, you can edit the country's event file. For that matter, you could perhaps even just get rid of the country's event file. Try it. Make a backup copy of the events folder and mess around with the files.

RE: events crisis

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:26 pm
by freeboy
what events are you having trouble with?

RE: events crisis

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:36 pm
by wolf14455
For me it was Fall gelb(france didnt trigger( and vichy trigger) and the other is in the AAR by Macroeconomics about vichy and others.
Im worried that to play as Germany and dont get bonuses belonging to start offensives shoosen in events earlier, like in the AAR when it didnt trigger. I did start my offensive in March my self so I dont know if happend to me too. Then he got occupation shoices for russia when taking paris and I got polen decision again. In the AAR russia attacked in -40 but didnt do squat in finland. A campaign is a long play session and to restart several times because event problems is tidious. Happens so often in HOI3 so I stoped play it.
Any sudgestions on country to play until patch?
thanx for replying

RE: events crisis

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 pm
by doomtrader
There were couple of errors in events logic, but if we will consider that there is couple hundreds of thousands lines of codes for them, then the goals of SixSigma are still achieved.

Almost every event is triggered by certain circumstances. If you don't see an event, then it was not triggered.

You might wish to try playing as Soviets in Fall Gelb, or try Germans in one of the Barbarossa scenarios.

RE: events crisis

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:32 pm
by freeboy
not sure if you are playing solo, as solo, you can save game often..
also.. there is much more flexibility in events/choices than in multiplayer...

RE: events crisis

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:02 am
by wolf14455
Ok I will try that.
Yes I play solo but me and a friend planning to play pbm.
Thanx again gor your replys
cheers

RE: events crisis

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:01 am
by wolf14455
In my second game as Germany the fall gelb didnt trigger by late Aug -40 but russia attacked instead?!
I started attack in west any way but took holland before declaring war on belgium and in late autum got vichy event and moving over my corps to the east. I said yes to plan for sealöve and payed some PP. Where can I see when this operation starts as it is not stated in the event listing in reports?

RE: events crisis

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:35 am
by Razz1
There is no Fall Gelb trigger. What are you referring to? Vichy?

You control Operation Sea Lion. You do it it when you want.

Choosing Seelowe allows you increased effectiveness in combat when you land in England.

RE: events crisis

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:00 am
by wolf14455
Fall Gelb was the operation involving the attack on holland and belgium for bypassing the maginot line. If I understand it right the Norway campain started (1 month early thou, 9 of april was the date) so I was waiting for the go ahead for operation Yellow too. Good to know about sealöwe, that I got controll of that start but where in the manual is that stated?
chhers

RE: events crisis

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:10 am
by Razz1
You control everything in the game.

Sometimes there is an event pops up that gives you an option

For Fall Gelb, you can attack anytime you want.

RE: events crisis

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:19 am
by wolf14455
Ok got that but its not obvious from the manual. Why ask me planning for the operation in the first place? What happens if I say no to planning it?

RE: events crisis

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:07 am
by wolf14455
Never mind. Moderator can close this thread. I play and learn my self.