Optimizing my computer
Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 3:39 am
The resource meter says my computer has about 50 percent System, User and GDI resources. This seems to be making UV and other programs slower. I have a P450 with a 13GB HD, but 6 GB are free, so I assume that isn't the problem.
CTRL-ALT-DEL reveals the following applications running. I'm not sure what they all do or if they are needed (I have DSL). Can anyone tell me which ones I can delete? When I shut off some of them, my computer crashes.
Rnaap
Wkcalrem
Smasher (eliminates cookies and pop-ups)
Em_exec
Poproxy
Navapw32
Reminder
Itouch (for keyboard or mouse)
Systray
Hidserv (don't like the sound of a hidden server)
Wmexe
Winpoppoverethernet
Qttask
Michael
CTRL-ALT-DEL reveals the following applications running. I'm not sure what they all do or if they are needed (I have DSL). Can anyone tell me which ones I can delete? When I shut off some of them, my computer crashes.
Rnaap
Wkcalrem
Smasher (eliminates cookies and pop-ups)
Em_exec
Poproxy
Navapw32
Reminder
Itouch (for keyboard or mouse)
Systray
Hidserv (don't like the sound of a hidden server)
Wmexe
Winpoppoverethernet
Qttask
Michael