Page 1 of 1
Patrol/Do not Retire Question
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:52 pm
by RichardJ
I have created several PC/SC TF's and set there orders to Patrol/Do Not Retire and to React to Enemy. I undock them so they are at sea in the base hex (Rabaul, Brisbane, doesn't matter what side I play).
The problem is after I "run" that day's turn I go back to the various TF's and they show as docked. They all have plenty of fuel so that is not a problem. All I want them to do is patrol in that 30 mile hex until I tell them not to. As it stands I have to undock them every turn.
Why are they docking based on the above orders given?
Thanks,
RichardJ
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:35 pm
by John Carney
My understanding of the rules are that docked TF’s will come out to meet the threat and they use fuel, while disbanded ships will not use fuel or meet the threat and are more susceptible to damage.
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 10:34 pm
by RichardJ
Hmmm,
That puts a cramp in things ... The main reason I would like them "at sea" is so they build experience by patrolling. Can't see how you get experience docked waiting for the subs to appear.
Unless, of course, it elbow bending experience hoisting a few cold ones
P.S. Thanks for your answer.
edited for spelling
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 12:29 am
by rawink
I use my SC's early on just shuttling between Noumea and Brisbane. I send them one way, then send them home again. Basically for the first few months thats all they do.
and since Noumea and bris have unlimited fuel it isnt a big deal to run em back and forth
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:25 pm
by John Carney
If you want experience and patrol base hex, assign the unit to another base and patrol the adjacent hex that is the threat axis. But I find they do better rested then 10 to 15 points of experience with medium fatigue. Try diffrent things and find what you like. I am the kind of grognard who checks every TF and Base each day.
I do miss my spell check. I know write it in word and copy it to the form, to lazy.
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:06 pm
by siRkid
Early on in the long games I assign my SCs to transport TFs. They travel long distances refuel form the larger ships and protect them at the same time. Good way to gain exp. Later after they have gained exp I assign them to port protection duties.