Wanted German Player for ETO test.
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:22 pm
Hi all
I am play testing ETO as the Germans with Grumpy and in our first game we are having a battle of epic proportions. He committed to a full defense of Europe and both sides have taken huge losses. After I actually gave up we started a second game where the Germans are doing much better. So i asked to continue the first game and it looks like the Germans may be able to pull out a victory in Europe but with extremely high losses (I gave up on Germany too soon). Which will have a impact on the rest of the game.
What I want to do here is play the west and commit 100% to defending Europe to not only see if it can be done but I want to see how it effects the west long term if Germany takes Europe from me anyway( which I hope they will). So I wont be doing a Dunkirk instead I will be sending every spare unit to Europe that I can.
I want to see how this will effect:
1.the defense of England
2.the defense of the middle east and North Africa.
3.technology advancement in the early years of the game and after.
4.production levels for the allies. (long term)
Mainly I want to see if this weakens the west long term to the point that it will be unable to defend long enough for the USA to wake up , I believe this to be a very high risk strategy for the west.
This scenario is one of the best balanced scenarios available, Grumpy has honed this to a razors edge and what we will be testing is a very unusual situation. but I want to be able to give grumpy my opinion from the Wests point of view.
If you haven't played this scenario I certainly don't mind a few restarts for you to get used to it. I will also gladly give you advice on a couple different strategy's that I have used and as always will gladly answer any questions that I can.
Also if you never played this Scenario you should, it is a masterpiece.
I am play testing ETO as the Germans with Grumpy and in our first game we are having a battle of epic proportions. He committed to a full defense of Europe and both sides have taken huge losses. After I actually gave up we started a second game where the Germans are doing much better. So i asked to continue the first game and it looks like the Germans may be able to pull out a victory in Europe but with extremely high losses (I gave up on Germany too soon). Which will have a impact on the rest of the game.
What I want to do here is play the west and commit 100% to defending Europe to not only see if it can be done but I want to see how it effects the west long term if Germany takes Europe from me anyway( which I hope they will). So I wont be doing a Dunkirk instead I will be sending every spare unit to Europe that I can.
I want to see how this will effect:
1.the defense of England
2.the defense of the middle east and North Africa.
3.technology advancement in the early years of the game and after.
4.production levels for the allies. (long term)
Mainly I want to see if this weakens the west long term to the point that it will be unable to defend long enough for the USA to wake up , I believe this to be a very high risk strategy for the west.
This scenario is one of the best balanced scenarios available, Grumpy has honed this to a razors edge and what we will be testing is a very unusual situation. but I want to be able to give grumpy my opinion from the Wests point of view.
If you haven't played this scenario I certainly don't mind a few restarts for you to get used to it. I will also gladly give you advice on a couple different strategy's that I have used and as always will gladly answer any questions that I can.
Also if you never played this Scenario you should, it is a masterpiece.
(it will be second in ETO and much more than tenth taking all pbems in account, right?)