New player here.
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:14 am
Hallo all.
I bought the game a few days ago and well I installed a hot line with the local restaurants for delivery,kissed my wife,took a loooong vacation,closed the door of my room and I am ready to spend 4-5 years of my life.[:D]
A lot of question although I have started to read every thread I find interesting:
1-the game came with 2 editors in scenario files.One is called editor and the other editor64.What is the difference and does it matter which one I use for editing?
2-the symbol 13 in LCU means para capable but I have seen other symbols as well like 12 in recon IJA units?What does that mean,anybody having a complete list of the symbols?
3-What are the best ships for loading-unloading-transporting infantry and vehicles/tanks in amph. TF?Same question for supplies and oil/fuel.
4-Is it possible for ships in a TF to get fuel/oil from an AO if it is included in the TF or in a different TF following the combat TF(for IJN) when they are at see?
5-Is the CV group resize(IJN)written in the stone?I am planning to make a what if IJN CV with 90 planes and have the 3 air units with 30 planes each and stay that way for the whole war.Is that possible or it will resize no matter what?
6-Is it possible for a CV to have 4 permanent air units if its IJN?
7-Do combat eng. squads construct ports/airfields/forts by themselves or the usual eng. squads have to be with them?Is an eng. squad equivalent with an eng. vehicle in terms of construction capabilities or not?
8-Motorised support and usual support squads are the same thing in terms of support capabilities?I mean whether you have 1 mot. support or 1 usual support squad gives the same to the unit they are?Do I have to have motor support in vehicle formations or the usual support is good enough?
9-Do aviation and naval support squads need the usual support squads also?
10-For each plane in air units I need an aviation squad up to 250?How about air units stacking?Is it based on airfield number?For example base level 3 means up to 3 air units or it is based on the number of planes like for every airfield point up to 40/50 planes?
I bought the game a few days ago and well I installed a hot line with the local restaurants for delivery,kissed my wife,took a loooong vacation,closed the door of my room and I am ready to spend 4-5 years of my life.[:D]
A lot of question although I have started to read every thread I find interesting:
1-the game came with 2 editors in scenario files.One is called editor and the other editor64.What is the difference and does it matter which one I use for editing?
2-the symbol 13 in LCU means para capable but I have seen other symbols as well like 12 in recon IJA units?What does that mean,anybody having a complete list of the symbols?
3-What are the best ships for loading-unloading-transporting infantry and vehicles/tanks in amph. TF?Same question for supplies and oil/fuel.
4-Is it possible for ships in a TF to get fuel/oil from an AO if it is included in the TF or in a different TF following the combat TF(for IJN) when they are at see?
5-Is the CV group resize(IJN)written in the stone?I am planning to make a what if IJN CV with 90 planes and have the 3 air units with 30 planes each and stay that way for the whole war.Is that possible or it will resize no matter what?
6-Is it possible for a CV to have 4 permanent air units if its IJN?
7-Do combat eng. squads construct ports/airfields/forts by themselves or the usual eng. squads have to be with them?Is an eng. squad equivalent with an eng. vehicle in terms of construction capabilities or not?
8-Motorised support and usual support squads are the same thing in terms of support capabilities?I mean whether you have 1 mot. support or 1 usual support squad gives the same to the unit they are?Do I have to have motor support in vehicle formations or the usual support is good enough?
9-Do aviation and naval support squads need the usual support squads also?
10-For each plane in air units I need an aviation squad up to 250?How about air units stacking?Is it based on airfield number?For example base level 3 means up to 3 air units or it is based on the number of planes like for every airfield point up to 40/50 planes?
