Win 7 no longer a problem
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:25 pm
Well, after recieving this message from Windows during the llatest attempt to start the game:
Description:
Stopped working
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: distantworlds.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.7.0.10
Problem Signature 03: 4f29aa4a
Problem Signature 04: System.Drawing
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ca2bad4
Problem Signature 07: 7af
Problem Signature 08: 6c
Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 4105
I finally had enough and installed DW:Legends on my Windows XP partition.
Works beautifully (so far). No more unexplained lockups in mid-game, no more holding my breath hoping an Auto-save will finish without incident, no more remembering to manually save by "Save As" to avoid a different kind of lock-up.
So to anyone having unrelenting problems running DW in Windows 7like I did: do yourself a favour and install a Widows XP partition and run it from there.
Added bonus: some old but still good games that don't like Windows 7 run nicely on XP now.
Beginning to question why I ever switched to Win 7 in the first place
Description:
Stopped working
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: distantworlds.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.7.0.10
Problem Signature 03: 4f29aa4a
Problem Signature 04: System.Drawing
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ca2bad4
Problem Signature 07: 7af
Problem Signature 08: 6c
Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 4105
I finally had enough and installed DW:Legends on my Windows XP partition.
Works beautifully (so far). No more unexplained lockups in mid-game, no more holding my breath hoping an Auto-save will finish without incident, no more remembering to manually save by "Save As" to avoid a different kind of lock-up.
So to anyone having unrelenting problems running DW in Windows 7like I did: do yourself a favour and install a Widows XP partition and run it from there.
Added bonus: some old but still good games that don't like Windows 7 run nicely on XP now.
Beginning to question why I ever switched to Win 7 in the first place