Page 1 of 1
I thought this was not possible
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:36 pm
by heliodorus04
Two points:
On the possible bug front, I thought 0-0 units were not allowed to enter hexes next to enemy units, but in my current vs. AI game, I am seeing it happen routinely. Screenshot of two examples provided.
Also in the same screen shot you can see the AI being worthless in defense of his airfields. Notice how, at the start of my turn (no Finns have moved yet), the Soviet AI simply left air bases out where they can be quite easily over-run, with no attempt whatsoever to avoid displacement with even a token SEC unit for protection.
Awhile back, when the AI changes were made, we were asked to provide examples of this kind of thing, so here is an example, along with my anecdote that I am seeing this every single turn by the AI.
1.06.04 game started under 1.06

RE: I thought this was not possible
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:44 pm
by Helpless
0=0 units may not enter hexes near the enemy units, but they may end up there after the logistic phase attrition.
RE: I thought this was not possible
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:16 pm
by mmarquo
And if you attack them, they vaporize at absolutely no cost to the attacker.
Marquo
RE: I thought this was not possible
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:12 am
by heliodorus04
ORIGINAL: Marquo
And if you attack them, they vaporize at absolutely no cost to the attacker.
Marquo
That is not exactly what I'm experiencing. In the above screen shot, the 2-unit stack 13-36 (NW of the SS Totenkopf) was unable to attack the 0-0 next to it, but Totenkopf was able to attack both.
SW of the 3-12 Rifle division sits another 0-0 Soviet Rifle division, and when an adjacent unit of 16.Army attacked that unit, it actually moved 2 hexes rather than attack (1 hex to exit other units' ZOC, and then 1 hex into the 0-0 counter's hex). Suffice it to say that this cost me MPs that I did not want to spend, and this is inconsistent with Totenkopf, which attacked the hexes, complete with combat dialogue box opening, and did not enter the hex (perhaps because of it's low MP).
Suffice it to say that this particular inconsistency had a negative impact on my turn, as I did not expect, nor want, the 16.Army infantry division to move...
RE: I thought this was not possible
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:20 pm
by traemyn
ORIGINAL: heliodorus04
ORIGINAL: Marquo
And if you attack them, they vaporize at absolutely no cost to the attacker.
Marquo
That is not exactly what I'm experiencing. In the above screen shot, the 2-unit stack 13-36 (NW of the SS Totenkopf) was unable to attack the 0-0 next to it, but Totenkopf was able to attack both.
SW of the 3-12 Rifle division sits another 0-0 Soviet Rifle division, and when an adjacent unit of 16.Army attacked that unit, it actually moved 2 hexes rather than attack (1 hex to exit other units' ZOC, and then 1 hex into the 0-0 counter's hex). Suffice it to say that this cost me MPs that I did not want to spend, and this is inconsistent with Totenkopf, which attacked the hexes, complete with combat dialogue box opening, and did not enter the hex (perhaps because of it's low MP).
Suffice it to say that this particular inconsistency had a negative impact on my turn, as I did not expect, nor want, the 16.Army infantry division to move...
I've seen the same behavior where some units move into the 0=0's hex, others attack, and some cannot do either. I don't have a save currently but will try catch it if I see it again.