Page 1 of 1

Arnhem book

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:57 pm
by wodin
I came across this book on Arnhem today whilst browsing Amazon. I have it on order.

LINK

Also this..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rifleman-Front-Line-Victor-Gregg/dp/1408813963/ref=pd_sim_b_6

Fianlly this..

LINK

RE: Arnhem book

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:40 pm
by Remmes
Looks like you have some reading to do. [:)]
I bought I never Snows in September by Robert Kershaw which deals with the German perspective of Market-Garden. It is amazing how quickly they were able to regroup after being chased out of France. Lots of good books available on 'Arnhem'

RE: Arnhem book

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:12 pm
by henri51
Of course the classic is "A Bridge too Far" by Cornelius Ryan, on which the great movie of the same name is based. I unfortunately got rid of the book when I moved into a Condo, but I still have the DVD of the movie. Along with the movie "Patton", it is my favorite War movie. Well "Cross of Iron" is arguably the best war movie, but I have been unable for years to find a copy.

Henri

RE: Arnhem book

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:32 pm
by wodin
Ryans is a superb read. Infact his is still my favorite Mg read.

I loved War without Garlands by Kershaw, however I just couldn't get through the Market Garden book for some reason.

Cross of Iron is one of my all time favourite films, though the book is even better. I'm certain it will be easy to get from Amazon.

RE: Arnhem book

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:01 am
by Gladys4
Lots of good books available on 'Arnhem'Image