Page 1 of 1

Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG (Closed)

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:13 pm
by Michael T
Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Server Game
Non random weather
Locked HQ's
FOW
Latest beta's ok

House Rules:
1. No Para drops beyond 10 hexes from the front line. No Soviet Para drops before the first blizzard.

This will be my 17th CG. So please experienced human V human players only. Preperably someone who is active on this forum. I can do a turn every 2 days on average. *However* I will be away from home from the 8th April to the 14th April so we may have a slow start to the game. But things will pick up thereafter.

My previous opponents have been:

Jasper15 (3)
sitito (2)
DicedT (3)
timmyab (1)
sillyflower (1)
majeloz (1)
smokindave34 (1) AAR (Kuybyshev or Bust)
Marquo (1)
821Bobo (2) AAR's (Kremlin Capers) & (Hell bent on Lebensraum)
Vorsteher (1) AAR (Mission Impossible: The Urals)

Please provide me with your playing list in similar format to above.

*Warning* I use HQ Buildup in its various forms. If you don't like this rule give playing me a miss.

PM if interested.

Thanks

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:03 pm
by KamilS
Since my game vs Pelton is almost done I am looking for new game as a Soviet. (I have one ongoing as a German)


I play(ed):

Oleg, Mehring, Encircled (2), Mazzah, Jajusha, Cyclop, Pelton, Callistrid, Stephane, Sal



I can do about 3-4 turns a week

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:38 am
by Michael T
Sounds good if you are happy with my house rules etc. I will set up the game tonight when I get home from work. My turn rate won't be as fast as yours. I have a 6 month old baby. But I average a turn every 2 days. I will PM you with a password for the game.

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:10 pm
by Michael T

Unfortunately I have had to call off my game with Kamil. Thankfully I did not waste too much of his time as we only played turn one. For me the demands of work and a 6 month old baby who refuses to let his mum and dad get any more than 4 broken hours of sleep a night have put paid to my WITE game time for the foreseeable future. So with great reluctance I have to take a break from WITE for a while.
 
Kamil has been very understanding and I wish him and you all well.
MT

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:37 pm
by sillyflower
ORIGINAL: Michael T


Unfortunately I have had to call off my game with Kamil. Thankfully I did not waste too much of his time as we only played turn one. For me the demands of work and a 6 month old baby who refuses to let his mum and dad get any more than 4 broken hours of sleep a night have put paid to my WITE game time for the foreseeable future. So with great reluctance I have to take a break from WITE for a while.

Kamil has been very understanding and I wish him and you all well.
MT

Defeated at last, although by mewling rather than muleing[:D]

You have my sympathy. They normally settle down by 6 months: the lull before they get mobile and eat all your cardboard units

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:05 pm
by Michael T
It's like I have 2 different babies, one is a delight through the day hours, the other some hysterical creature of the night [&:]

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:26 pm
by wmcalpine
Michael T,

I am afraid it does not significantly change with age. My kids are 18 and 22 and they are still prone to getting into situations that keep me up at night far too often.

All jokes aside, Enjoy!

Bill

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:45 am
by sillyflower
ORIGINAL: Michael T

It's like I have 2 different babies, one is a delight through the day hours, the other some hysterical creature of the night [&:]

and which of these is you?[&:]

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:21 pm
by hfarrish

I had to drop all games when we had the second - anyone who manages to keep playing and have two kids is either superhuman or has a really superhuman spouse. You do miss it after a while though...

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:52 am
by Encircled
Mine are three and four.

Anyone who can keep playing with kids deserves full respect!