Page 1 of 1

Pbem pc against Linux... Options?

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:39 pm
by aagenbag2
Hi,

I have a Windows pc and want to play a pbem game against a friend who runs Linux. Something like Battle Academy would have been ideal, but this does not work on Linx (using wine).

Any ideas of a good WWII turn based game that can be used to play pbem across windows and Linux? A tactical level game would be ideal, but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks"

RE: Pbem pc against Linux... Options?

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:45 pm
by junk2drive
I have checked the Wine App DB for both Slitherine and Matrix and there is not a whole lot that runs in Wine. TOAW is one if you like counters.

For native linux games that also have Windows versions and multiplayer, Battle for Wesnoth is good and free but not WWII. Spring 44 is WWII but I had a hard time getting it to work plus it is real time.

RE: Pbem pc against Linux... Options?

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:10 am
by xzcallaway
I would go to dotdeb.com and look through their rpg section. There might be something there you would like.

[Deleted]

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:26 pm
by Anonymous
[Deleted by Admins]

RE: Pbem pc against Linux... Options?

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:03 am
by junk2drive
Update: I was able to run Battle Academy in wine 1.4 with PlayOnLinux.