Page 1 of 39
GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:31 pm
by KamilS
First, info about abandoned game vs Michael.
German turn number 1 looked terrifying. Larger southern pocket can be reconnected but smaller are not breakable - there is just not enough men outside to do job. Any attempts can result in more encirclements.

RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:02 pm
by TulliusDetritus
This is getting ridiculous. Even the 16th [STAVKA] Army -white units west of Zhitomir in the south- are surrounded and ready to be annihilated [8|]
RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:27 pm
by M60A3TTS
Just another example of poor Soviet play. There's nothing broken with the game. The fact that Kamil hasn't moved yet isn't important. [8|]
RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:53 pm
by KamilS
Turn 1 (German moves)
Very very nice opening. To be honest better than I have ever done. Not as good as Michael but still it limited my options greatly.
My priorities are:
1) Defend Moscow!!!
2) Keep industrial base intact
3) Spawn cavalry division and keep them in good shape for winter operations.
I will try to be aggressive. Hopefully I learned something from my previous games. [:)]

RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:18 pm
by KamilS
T1 north (Soviet)
Initial actions:
Appointing new STAVKA commander - Zhukov will have that pleasure.
Reducing TOE - all support units (plus fort regions) to 50, all non-cavalry units to 70.
Moving whole air-force to reserve.
North:
I will try to make capturing Leningrad challenging task. Delaying him crossing near Pskov on turn 2 is my objective there.

RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:22 pm
by KamilS
T1 centre (Soviet)
This is crucial area.
I moved some quality infantry units there and provided them with decent leadership. I hope first line will hold for turn or two. Putting them in refit mode should help.

RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:26 pm
by KamilS
T1 south (Soviet)
Nothing can be done for comarades in western pockets.
Lack of units forced me to take one step back and create mini check-board. I augmented my defences with new commander. I decided, that refit mode won't hurt them. [;)]

RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:36 pm
by Farfarer61
I guess there are two games being portrayed are different. The first opening is postively amazingly good in the South ( Hats off) , underwhelming in the North, as there will be no pressure on the Sov to Evac Leningrad at all costs ( been there done that). You should be able to relieve the whole Lvov pocket with your lovely Mech forces near his Pz Regiments, but you may lose more in the end vs buying more time if you choose this path. It is not salvaging the Kovel forces that irks me as Sov ( and I have failed in a current game).
Just humbly proferred suggestions:
IMHO the Crimea is the bleeding ulcer that the Peninsula was for Napoleon. Dig in and deny it to the Axis unless she fights for it. Axis players like to get the Donbas, but the mesmerising goal is activating AGA and AGB - exploit it. ( been there been mesmerized, lost the Pz Corps)
Keep 2 or 3 MP 22 Cav always ready every turn, sitting on RR, for moving through the Axis ZOCs to relieve weak pockets. Do not put them on Reserve as you need them to be there for you. Do not be tempted to use them in combat. Creat the ability to do a deliberate attack with 8CV (after moving to the line of departure) of Sov Inf units, all in the same Army, with multiple Air Bombing prep, and 1:1 v 2:1 will mean victory against a single stack Axis Mech div. You might even get a rout if there is no retreat route (hint hint) . Your Tank Divs can only move a short distance before losing the ability to do a deliberate attack. They can go on Reserve as the AI cheats of course, even when working for a human
Note: the attackers only have to be in same army at the time of the actual attack - save APs to do this sort of thing and move your HQs next to the battle.
All your air units must be on rail lines or trucks go poof. Actually, anything not explicitly needed to be in a non-rail line should always be on one.
Have fun!
RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:15 am
by KamilS
Good advices Farfarer. Thanks.
RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:54 pm
by glvaca
ORIGINAL: Kamil
First, info about abandoned game vs Michael.
German turn number 1 looked terrifying. Larger southern pocket can be reconnected but smaller are not breakable - there is just not enough men outside to do job. Any attempts can result in more encirclements.
I might have missed this somewhere else, but why did you abandon the game?
RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:07 pm
by KamilS
glvaca
I might have missed this somewhere else, but why did you abandon the game?
Michael didn't have enough time to continue playing.
RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:13 pm
by glvaca
ah ok, a pitty.
Thanks
RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:11 pm
by KamilS
T2 north (German)
Unfortunately my boys didn't manage to hold their ground and Germans established bridgehead across first crucial river.

RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:13 pm
by KamilS
T2 centre (German)
I lost industry in Mogilev, but apart from that my line wasn't breached.

RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:15 pm
by KamilS
T2 south (German)
My opponent didn't attack me here either, so I guess he is preparing himself for big push in turn or two.

RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:59 am
by KamilS
T2 north (Soviet)
I decided to slowdown German advance by presenting my opponent with dilemma - isolate both stacks and waste MP or beat them risking defeat in hasty attack or expending MP in deliberate.
Loosing quality troops is painful. I hope it is right approach.

RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:02 am
by KamilS
T2 centre (Soviet)
I reinforced my defences, and it seems they look strong enough to make my opponent wait for his infantry to arrive.
Most of his tanks are near Vitebsk so I risked having Gomel approaches only weakly held.

RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:05 am
by KamilS
T2 south (Soviet)
Lack of forts and troops (most of reinforcements went north and centre), forced me to withdrawn 2-3 hexes and create half-decent check-board defence.
In the meantime I boosted my ego with first successful counter-attack.

RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:06 pm
by KamilS
T3 north (German)
Germans creep forward by few hexes. Unfortunately I do not have enough forces to relieve any of the pockets.

RE: GC41 - Saper222 (Ger) vs Kamil (Sov) (No Saper222)
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:08 pm
by KamilS
T3 centre (German)
German infantry will be here soon, but my boys and girls are busy with their shovels, so I might be able to resist for moment or two.
