Page 1 of 1
Disappearing troops in PBEM
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 11:14 pm
by Fuerte
We are playing a game, and while I haven't had any problems, my mate lost all of his infantry in the beginning of the game. We are playing the Blenheim Blunder, he is British. Also he just said that he unloaded a truck, which made infantry sounds, and he got a tank, which cannot move.
Has these problems been fixed in 3.0?
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 11:49 pm
by Drake666
Im playing that one as the British in a Email game to and I have had a few units disappear.
I think it most be the scenario becouse I have played a number of other scenarios by Email and have had no problems like this.
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2000 12:50 am
by Windo von Paene
No it's probably not the scenario...
There has been a lot of discussion of this, and I have been experiencing it as well. It appears to be due to the VCR replay. It also only seems to affect certain OOBs. If you playing unsecure games, you can simply make a copy of the files, save them with a differnet number, Save000.cnt as Save009.cnt for example, then use the VCR on the copy to see what happened. Then your actual game will be unaffected. I don't think the secure games will allow this however.
So, don't use the replay in secure games, and always save a copy if you do. I would think you could re-unzip the files after viewing the replay and then go from there.
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2000 4:45 pm
by David F. Wall
I've had this happen with other scenarios. Unsecured games don't seem to suffer from the problem.
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2000 8:09 pm
by Windo von Paene
I can assure you that unsecure games DO suffer from this problem