Page 1 of 1

Map Issues

Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:33 pm
by usersatch
I'm trying to trace the movements of some Wehrmact and Waffen SS units from historical records and want to get a better understanding of where the smaller/more obscure engagements took place. I've done a check of the locations file and it's not much of a help, nor can I find any legible quality maps online. Google earth doesn't seem to be much help either.

I'm sure it doesnt help that there probably are differences in what village was called what between the Germans and Russians.

Does anyone have a reliable source of detailed and accurate maps?

RE: Map Issues

Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:26 am
by notenome
If you look in the mods section there actually is a great, truly fantastic German planning/named map. I desperately want to use it but I'm playing sovs at the momment.

RE: Map Issues

Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:34 am
by usersatch
Hell yeah! Goranw's map is awesome! Thanks.