Page 1 of 1

OT - Any Central New Yorkers Out There?

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:01 am
by Icedawg
I see threads like this once in awhile for other cities/regions, so I figured I set one up for my neck of the woods.

I'll start it off.

I'm from Verona - a tiny town about midway between Syracuse and Utica.

RE: OT - Any Central New Yorkers Out There?

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:29 am
by geofflambert
Is that anywhere near Horseheads?

RE: OT - Any Central New Yorkers Out There?

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:14 am
by Icedawg
ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Is that anywhere near Horseheads?

Nope. Horseheads is in the Southern Tier, not far from the PA border. I'm right about in the exact center of the state.

RE: OT - Any Central New Yorkers Out There?

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:51 pm
by Al Boone
I am from Cobleskill, New York, about 40 miles southwest of Albany on the Interstate 88 corridor.

RE: OT - Any Central New Yorkers Out There?

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:09 pm
by geofflambert
ORIGINAL: Icedawg
ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Is that anywhere near Horseheads?

Nope. Horseheads is in the Southern Tier, not far from the PA border. I'm right about in the exact center of the state.

I knew that, I just get a kick out of that town's name, named after a big pile of horse skulls that was there once. [;)]

RE: OT - Any Central New Yorkers Out There?

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:44 am
by Capt Hornblower
ORIGINAL: Al Boone
I am from Cobleskill, New York, about 40 miles southwest of Albany on the Interstate 88 corridor.

That'd be about an hour and half from me. I live in western Mass.

RE: OT - Any Central New Yorkers Out There?

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:44 pm
by jolly_pillager
Originally from Auburn, about 24 mi. west of Syracuse.

RE: OT - Any Central New Yorkers Out There?

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:01 am
by MikeS4269
Though presently in Singapore, I'm from Ilion (8 miles outside of Utica).

MikeS

RE: OT - Any Central New Yorkers Out There?

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:04 pm
by Skyros
Went to the U of R and occasionally vacation in Seneca Falls on the banks of Lake Cayuga. Great wine area.