Page 1 of 2

What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:02 pm
by Historiker
They don't dock, no matter how big the port is, whether it is Singapore or Osaka.
They never load fully, mostly 92% - sometimes just 84%

What do I do wrong? How can I get them to load fully and to dock?

Image

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:05 pm
by Dan Nichols
Why are you using Amphip TFs for CS missions? Use Cargo and they will dock and load 100%.

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:06 pm
by Historiker
I realized that after the screenshot. The convoy had transported troops before and I didn't change that.

I use mostly "transport", but have a handfull using cargo. So "cargo" might be the key?

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:12 pm
by Dan Nichols
Transport works fine, I use cargo so the APs don't show up on the ship selection list.

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:20 pm
by Historiker
Well, my "transport" face the same problems!

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:48 pm
by LoBaron
IIRC this was done to prevent small CS convoys from "stealing" docking space better used for more important convoys.
Small CS convoys don't dock, I have no idea what the exact limits (port/convoy size) are for that behaviour.

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:10 pm
by DivePac88
I've used CS cargo convoys for years now, and I have yet to see any vessel loaded to 100%. Don't ask me why it happens, but over many game months it means fuel/load inefficiency. [:@]

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:24 pm
by Dan Nichols
I really don't understand. My CS convoys load to 100% all of the time, they dock when they arrive and unload. There are some instances where they do not dock on the turn they arrive, I think they are out of movement/operations points. When they don't dock, they have not unloaded anything either. The next turn they will dock and unload. To me, your problems are a mystery.

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:53 pm
by Historiker
[:@]
Where do your's refuel? In both ports? Mine only seem to refuel in the starting base...

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:58 pm
by Historiker
ORIGINAL: LoBaron

IIRC this was done to prevent small CS convoys from "stealing" docking space better used for more important convoys.
Small CS convoys don't dock, I have no idea what the exact limits (port/convoy size) are for that behaviour.
well, I don't like that "feature"...

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:36 am
by Historiker
I checked with my new turn...
After manually docking them, the CS-Convoys even undock again while still loading...

WTF!

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:48 am
by Charbroiled
In the screen shot shown, you are loading resources, not supplies. With the original WITP, the TF would not leave port until it was filled 100% when loading resources. This would cause the TF to stay in port for day and even months, especially for those ports that were slow in producing resources.

IIRC, one of the features for AE was that the CS TFs hauling resources would leave port once a certain load percentage was reached. I believe the theory is that, if there were plenty of resources, they TF would fully load. If there wasn't a lot of resources available to load, then the TF would load to a certain percentage and then head for it's destination.

Also, IIRC, a TF will only take a certain percentage of the resources available and will not take 100%. In other words, if there are only 1000 resources available, then TF will only load 80% of them, or 800 resources. However, I'm not completely sure about this or the percentage.

EDIT: p.s. - Amphib TF will only load to 80% of capacity.

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:00 am
by Historiker
Sorry Charbroiled, but that's all wrong [:D][;)] (and so was I)

I found out why it only loaded 84 or 92%, and the mission type is no reason at all. When hauling ressources, the ship can only use its CARGO space, not the troop space. When I clicked into the ships, it showed me their cargo space was filled 100% and the troop space was empty. That's how those 92% are shown, because 92% of the overall capacity is used.

While I solved that question, it still remains totally "wtf?" to me, why the convoys even undock automatically in the loading process after having been docked before!

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:52 am
by USSAmerica
Hehehe.....





(I have your password) [:'(] [:D]

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:33 pm
by Historiker
Well, I guess it wasn't hard to guess "beer" [:@]

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:49 pm
by USSAmerica
ORIGINAL: Historiker

Well, I guess it wasn't hard to guess "beer" [:@]


Is that really it???

I was teasing that every turn I was manually "undocking" all of your CS convoys. [:'(]

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:51 pm
by Historiker
ORIGINAL: USS America

ORIGINAL: Historiker

Well, I guess it wasn't hard to guess "beer" [:@]


Is that really it???

I was teasing that every turn I was manually "undocking" all of your CS convoys. [:'(]
of course you were... I'm not that dumb... [:D]

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:51 am
by pharmy
Doesn't the game during turn resolution try docking all loading ships? Don't know the criteria for which ships get priority, but I'm sure I read that somewhere

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:00 am
by pharmy
tm.asp?m=3038114&mpage=1&key=dock%2Cloa ... t&#3039606

OK, found out that the auto-dock only works at level 3 ports or above

RE: What's wrong with my CS-Convoys?

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:45 am
by PaxMondo
ORIGINAL: icepharmy

tm.asp?m=3038114&mpage=1&key=dock%2Cload%2Cport?

OK, found out that the auto-dock only works at level 3 ports or above
Didn't know this, thanks for finding the reference.

I've never had issues with my CS, and I see why now. Fortuitously I guess, I had been doing all the right things all along. [;)] Just lucky in this I guess.