Page 1 of 2
LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:58 am
by Jeeves
It will take me a couple of hours to create this thread. Please do not comment until the last screen shot.
#1 : victory screen, that fleet is over 500 troops on way to next war when I won.

RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:59 am
by Jeeves
#2 :
My home world is a bee-hive of passenger ship activity, notice the ships waiting to dock as population flees high taxes. I bent the empire summary screen displays of numeric values a bit with the high values being displayed. Money was never a problem once I had five AI empires to sell technology to, about year four. I conquered the Gizurean home world to get their racial bonus, also the Human home world but I did not need their racial since almost all the technology was done. The Ketarov bonus comes from a continuous stream of emigrants from their home world to my colonies.
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:08 am
by Jeeves
#3 :
I am the big blue empire. My home is in e-7, the human home was in e-3...
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:12 am
by Jeeves
#4 :
Resources sorted by galaxy demand. There was never enough carbon fiber mined for demand but the steel shortage was finally beginning to diminish. I'm not sure why Aculon was a problem except that I used a great deal in my designs. Notice who is demanding all those resources, my proportion of galactic demand for my empire is rather high...
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:17 am
by Jeeves
#5 :
I could have stomped all the other empires to ashes with my world destroyers and hundred death ray armed size 2250 carriers, but I chose a peaceful victory. Someday I will see what being a bully and subjugating every empire is like...
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:22 am
by Jeeves
#6 :
Good diplomatic relations are essential for trade of resources and to get money from technology sales. Until near the end game I called up every single empire every 19 days and negotiated a trade deal, usually giving then either 1k cash if they had plenty or 10k if not. But I garnered millions per year to use for buying technology crash researches by selling technology to anyone who had a fair amount of money, or selling it anyway when an empire was about to learn the tech but could not pay a fair price. Keep them from trading tech to each other as long as possible. If they buy it from you, they can't sell it to other empires...
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:28 am
by Jeeves
#7 :
I got lucky early in the game getting an excellent set of characteristic skills and traits for my home world governor. Notice the bonus for income...
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:32 am
by Jeeves
#8 :
I had this leader from the start of the game. I took whatever skills and traits he randomly added. Next game I will force the skill of colony corruption reduction from my governor so that my galaxy spanning empire makes more money. I was very pleased with this leader from the start. He was not perfect, but he WAS outstanding.
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:37 am
by Jeeves
#9 :
Fourth and last scientist I got was ultra genius AND inspiring. They don't come much better than that!
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:40 am
by Jeeves
#10 :
My home spaceport was armed with death rays, and had 36 yards. I wish that I had thought to take a screen shot when it was really REALLY busy about three game years ago. Maybe I will go back to an old saved game and take a shot...
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:45 am
by Jeeves
#11 :
I had only three gas giants in my home system, and lacked Krypton till I found some outside the home. The defense base is one of six that got put on the home world itself instead of in orbit. I played this game as though I was up against an opponent of almost equal strength to me...
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:50 am
by Jeeves
#12 :
Over the course of four days, I generated hundreds of galaxies to find the perfect home which was as near as possible to galaxy center. But I wound up taking this beauty even though it was almost two sectors away from e/f-5/6.
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:56 am
by Jeeves
#13 :
This game was better than any I have played before due to the order in which I built wonders. Top priority was of course Bakuras.
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:59 am
by Jeeves
#14 :
There were a bunch of Acdarian independents smack dab in the center of the galaxy that I conquered, but they were never an important factor, some did not even have their spaceports built after ten years due to poor logistics in the civilian economy.
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:05 am
by Jeeves
#15 :
When an empire is conquered, its undelivered cargo has a red x for empire in the cargo bay, and is lost forever. I complained about that and hopefully there is a fix in the works giving the owner of the bay the cargo of the dead empire.
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:10 am
by Jeeves
#16 :
This victory at this date was made possible by clone troopers. My Ikkuro trained up to 30k by conquering independents. But the independents make lousy troops, especially Teekans (Securans are mediocre), until they get a cloning facility. Then their troops are as good as any other colony's troops.
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:16 am
by Jeeves
#17 :
This Naxillian independent's population was greatly augmented by a recent influx of pinko ugnaris from the northwest, but still had not built all of his facilities after many years. Also, when you decide to take over an independent, make it only those which are high planet size and quality, not just the nearest to your troop ships. There were about 30 independents which I should never have conquered in this game. Live and learn. Try to take all of those with carbon fiber, also very large and high quality or very near an AI empire's home world. Alternatively set your victory conditions for an economy only half the percentage of the victory conditions for territory and population.
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:24 am
by Jeeves
#18 :
Conquered almost nine years ago yet still has not got much population and has not built his spaceport despite being fairly near my home system. The civilian economy is a limp wrist loser, and needs vast improvement!
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:29 am
by Jeeves
#19 :
The next few shots are ship designs sorted by number of ships. The super carriers are armed with death rays as well as 20 fighter bays. The death rays, super carriers, and recharger all have warp inhibitors and shield area recharger. The recharger also have a long range scan. I won't go into my ship designs in detail here, not to bore you.
RE: LCC7 victory end 50 days at 14+ hr/day
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:35 am
by Jeeves
#20 :
The white freighters are from conquered empires. The white military are former pirates.