Page 1 of 1

HQs fragmenting

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:07 pm
by rubisco
Hi,

I'm currently in early 1943 in a game against the AI (I don't have enough consistent time for PBEM nowadays!). I'm playing as the Allies. I've just done an amphibious landing where the Corps HQ I landed as part of the amphib assault is now appearing as a fragment at the base that I've successfully captured and the parent is now in the reinforcement queue. Can anyone explain what happened here? This has happened to me twice now in this game, although my previous amphibious assaults have been fine.

Thanks!

RE: HQs fragmenting

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:16 pm
by jcjordan
I remember seeing a post lately about this somewhere maybe Tech or War Room about this problem & only solution for now is to not use Corp HQ in an amphib tf. Of course search function here is like trying to ask Hal to open the pod bay doors.

RE: HQs fragmenting

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:48 am
by seille
This is a bug, rubisco. Already confirmed by MichaelM. Try landing the HQ after the base is secured.
In my game this happened when i used the HQs in first landing wave together with the combat troops. Even sending it
in a second TF can cause problems if the base is not already secured.

RE: HQs fragmenting

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:16 pm
by rubisco
Thanks for your replies!

RE: HQs fragmenting

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:39 pm
by Lokasenna
I also had this happen in my AI game as Japan. I don't know the circumstances (it's been about a month of game time), but I don't think it was a combat landing of the HQ - I purposefully delayed on landing the HQ.

Are there any drawbacks to this? Does the HQ not confer bonuses if it's fragmented like this?

RE: HQs fragmenting

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:11 pm
by rubisco
My understanding is that HQ fragments supply support only and don't give combat bonuses.

RE: HQs fragmenting

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:18 pm
by jmalter
& also that the unit's leader disapparates until the HQ re-ups in the reinf queue.

RE: HQs fragmenting

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:52 pm
by Lokasenna
Well...that's annoying. Good thing I'm just chasing down retreated allied units with that group of forces right now.