Page 1 of 1

Health, wealth, and happiness.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:03 am
by Shannon V. OKeets
I want to thank everyone who wished me improved health. I'm doing a 30+ minute of walk every day and getting plenty of rest.

It took me a couple of weeks to get my task list in order, things having been dropped rather suddenly and the hospital stay fogging my memory somewhat as to what had been done/needed to be done.

But I believe I have my ducks more or less in a line now. So today I started fixing bugs again - getting back into the groove of: making the game fail (following directions from the beta testers), revising the code, and ascertaining that my changes result in the failure no longer occurring. It's sort of like killing off vermin: "and another one's gone, and another one's gone, and another one bites the dust".

As for advice on diet, I can not really follow any of the several well-intentioned recommendations I received. My food intake is the intersection of 3 sets (I think of this as a Venn diagram) where each set is a "thou shalt only put into your mouth ..." as ordained by my urologist, cardiologist, and endocrinologist [that's kidney stone, heart failure, and diabetes respectively]. It's tricky to get right and still have meals that are edible but my wife is a good cook, and very patient with my needs.

RE: Health, wealth, and happiness.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:05 am
by Empire101
Glad to hear you are on the mend Steve....

Just take things easy[;)]

RE: Health, wealth, and happiness.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:41 am
by Joseignacio
No matter that I am overjoyed that you are back at work, I am still a little worried that it moight be too soon. Please, follow your doctors' reccomendations about this in case you're not doing...

Get well!!!

RE: Health, wealth, and happiness.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:13 am
by Ur_Vile_WEdge
Good to hear you're getting better. Keep it up.

RE: Health, wealth, and happiness.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:48 pm
by Klydon
Good to see you active the last several days here on the boards Steve and hopefully you continue on the mend.

RE: Health, wealth, and happiness.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:39 pm
by brian brian
this summer has been the toughest news to read here yet. I hope working on MWiF can be just a nice part of your recovery...when you need some intellectual stimulation and the satisfaction of completing another small task, and never consumes your day any more. I look forward to when you tell us you are walking an hour a day...and I hope your lungs are still in top form with the quartet...

RE: Health, wealth, and happiness.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:49 pm
by Neilster
Yep. Best wishes with your recovery Steve. I find walking to be excellent thinking time too.

Cheers, Neilster

RE: Health, wealth, and happiness.

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:29 am
by Jorm
best wishes !!

RE: Health, wealth, and happiness.

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:39 am
by Extraneous
Follow the doctors instructions and get well soon.

[:-] Don't attempt to over do things. [:-]

I know being in hospital can be bone numbingly boring but you don't want to go back.



RE: Health, wealth, and happiness.

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:05 pm
by bo
I want to make this clear, Steve was going to have me take over the programming of MWIF while he is healing but I had to decline his request as I really do not have time to take the 2 week programming course at Drexel University where Steve graduated from, if it was 1 week I might have been able to complete the course but 2 weeks no way. I was debating about going to his condo on Oahu to help out but I think he told me he was still renovating [:@] at least I think that's what he said. [&:]

Bo

RE: Health, wealth, and happiness.

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:43 pm
by johnball
Great to see you back in deck Steve.
Best wishes on you recovery.
regards John

RE: Health, wealth, and happiness.

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:05 pm
by jeffk3510
Glad you're doing better! Thats what is most important.

RE: Health, wealth, and happiness.

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:04 am
by rhondabrwn
Good to hear that you are doing well Steve!


RE: Health, wealth, and happiness.

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:02 am
by Rasputitsa
Been away from the forum for a while and sorry to see the news, but glad to hear things are getting better. Best wishes for a swift recovery. [:)]

RE: Health, wealth, and happiness.

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:30 pm
by Walloc
Same from me. Best wishes for a swift recovery.

Kind regards,

Rasmus