Page 1 of 1
Ai Use Of Mines???
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:26 am
by NZTrooper
I just read in another post something about AI not using its minelayers and submine layers .. is this so.???
Made me think and i cant actuall remember coming across an AI dropped mine field . (although i havent been playing that long)
has anyone else come across this before??

Sure
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:30 pm
by Luskan
Sure - I replied to the post in question.
Yes the AI uses mines but it seems only as a defensive harbour thing, and only as a last resort. One game I had shortland was mined very solidly - I had loads of my invasion ships hit them, even being escorted by MSWs. Also, in the game vs the AI (where I'm the Japs - I decided I needed to get some training in!) I've mined Tulagi (I control it but is a puny base and going to stay that way) the AI has cleared it out with MSWs a couple of times.
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:43 am
by RUPD3658
I have had the computer lay defensive mine fields as well as using allied subs to drop mines at Truk.