Page 1 of 2

Release status...next week

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 10:26 pm
by Paul Vebber
Despite our best efforts we not be able to get the game out until next week. We know a lot of you were hoping to play this weekend, but we just are not quite there yet.

We hope to announce the release date sometime during the weekend, but it takes 2 or 3 dayes to produce and test the setup file even after everything is done.

So my best guess is the middle of next week.

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 10:36 pm
by bluesdawg
A large collective groan arises from the throngs............


sigh......

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 10:47 pm
by McGib
No problem Paul, better you guys take your time and get it right than to rush it out and then have an ugly crowd asking for patch after patch! A certain Star Trek game was done that way much to my disgust.
I do have one question for you though, would it be possible to make the manual available to us so we can get all that dull boring needless reading(manuals? We dont need no stinking manuals!) out of the way so when "xmas day" arrives we can get right to the playing?

------------------
McGib
Ready Aye Ready

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 10:50 pm
by WW2'er
Paul And all of Matrix,

While I too am dissapointed, I know this delay is only because you want to assure us an excellent, and stable game. Thanks again for your efforts and for keeping us informed of the status of things!

WW2'er

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 11:02 pm
by Rover
I second that request for access to the updated manual (if appropriate, of course).

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 11:43 pm
by Al Boone
Having access to the new 3.0 manual ahead of time would really be great. It would even give us a chance to review any "typos" before release, unless you decline the info right now, due to "time constraints" right now. Please consider this, if possible. It sure would get us up and running faster, and maybe give you better immediate initial feedback, after release. You know human nature.....play the game, run your yap, then read the manual later.........

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 12:41 am
by Antonius
yes, having the manual (the "what's new to 3.0 section"), would make the waiting less unbearable !

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 12:59 am
by Don
Take as long as you need, Paul, it's alright with me. I know it will be well worth the wait.

Don

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 1:25 am
by Tombstone
This isn't all that late. A lot of games come out way later, and are still quite buggy. Its cool to see matrix making every effort to 'do it right'. This is also good in another way, in that matrix as a team is learning all the ins and outs of their process, so in the future they'll be better equiped to inform us about release dates and so on. For a first project it looks like its running remarkably well. I've been in cauldron's of (seemingly) eternal pain on some projects...

Tomo

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 1:32 am
by David Heath
Let me see what I can do about the Manual.

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 1:48 am
by JWW
Manual would be nice. Kinda like shaking the box with the present inside.

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 2:53 am
by McGib
Thanks David, we know you guys are busy so even considering the idea is greatly appreciated.

------------------
McGib
Ready Aye Ready

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 3:39 am
by crazyivan
take as long as you like guys,the wiat just makes it all the more exciting.your doing a good job and its good to see that you are striving to deliver a complet as possible game rather than rush it out.remember above all keep good health and get some sleep.

ps the manual would be good to if poss Image

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 3:40 am
by Rhone
I have just started a long campaign in v2.3 and you guys already have v3.0 coming out? Wow, you're on top of it! I wasn't expecting it for a month or two.

Will I be able to continue my long campaign, or should I wait to do a long campaign for v3.0 and start over?

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 4:01 am
by Tankhead
Originally posted by Rhone:

Will I be able to continue my long campaign, or should I wait to do a long campaign for v3.0 and start over?
Hi Rhone!

You wont be able to continue your old campaign, to many changes in the games.

Tankhead



------------------
Rick Cloutier rcclout@telusplanet.net
Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources
http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 5:25 am
by Rhone
Thanks for the response, Tankhead. Perhaps my time would be better spent checking out all those scenarios. Anybody got any favorites?

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 5:27 am
by Tom Proudfoot
I like "Hospital Heroes". I am partial to short scenarios. Image

Tom

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 6:39 am
by Tankhead
I like Blood soak trail and Roadblock for a quick fix. Image

Tankhead

------------------
Rick Cloutier rcclout@telusplanet.net
Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources
http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 7:01 am
by KG Erwin
Well, guys, don't take me wrong, but after I heard about 3.0 I just stopped playing 2.3. (Gasp!) I'm looking forward to an enhanced game experience (kind of like your wife after a new boob job), so I'm gonna wait till it's here before I dive back in. This is Matrix' pride and joy, and I know I'll fall in love all over again. Glenn.

------------------
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern (roughly translated, 'Boot em, don't spatter em')"--Heinz Guderian

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 9:41 am
by McGib
I havent played 2.3 for a while now. Been playing other games(yes I know thats a sin)I actually payed for that have been sitting collecting dust for the past several months. Figured I'd play them now since there going back on the shelf once 3.0 comes out!

------------------
McGib
Ready Aye Ready