Page 1 of 1

Extra Info.... (II)

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:08 pm
by Granfali_Original
Hi all

15 days ago I posted this topic:

"I am currently playing #17scen as Allied vs human opponent. This campaign started with first UV game version. Later I was updating it to 1.10, 1.11 and finally to 1.20!

The game is working all fine except for this: during replay phase, every time appears a "Combat Summary" the mouse follows "active" and I noticed if I put the pointer above any enemy Base or detected TF, program gives me ALL THE INFO about them!!! Fuel and supply levels, aircraft groups and numbers, detailed troops, port and base damage... same that when I am in my turn and "review" one of my own bases or TFs!
Same "problem" for anybody else? "

Well... I supposed the campaign "antiquity" (initial version) and the constans upgrades were the problem; and with 1.30 I hope to solve them.... but 1 week ago I began a new #19 campaign with IJN (1.30 installed) ... and the bug is the same

same "problem" for anybody else?.... (...bis) :D

Bad taste

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:25 pm
by Oleg Mastruko
Granfali, Matrix knows about this bug, and most probably is going to take care of it.

Yes I too think this should have been solved in 1.30, but it wasn't. Too bad.

Now let me tell you something you obviously haven't been told before. It is considered BAD taste and against unwritten laws of etiquette to post cheats (because that's what it is - a cheat) of this kind repeatedly for everyone to know. OK? Reasons should be obvious.

It is very nice you noticed this bug and informed Matrix about it, but you don't have to post it in verbatim every week or so.

O.

Comment...

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:27 pm
by Erik Rutins
As far as I know, this was first reported right after 1.30's release and has been fixed in the current patch in testing.

Regards,

- Erik

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:04 pm
by Granfali_Original
"Now let me tell you something you obviously haven't been told before. It is considered BAD taste and against unwritten laws of etiquette to post cheats (because that's what it is - a cheat)"

Ok, thanks both for the reply.

Oleg, first of all, I didn´t know anything about the Matrix knowledge of this problem... I tried to find posts about this but I didn´t see anyone... Second... this is a bug, yes, a bug... not a cheat.... it would be cheat if you make a BAD use of this bug, I think is a big difference. The game gives extra information... and Matrix have to be solve it ok? This is the only reason of my post... Not is my intention to remaind it every week... two times are enough for me :D