Page 1 of 1
IJA Replacements
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:23 am
by jzardos
Rules mention that taking ground replacements costs supply? Does anybody have estimates to how much stuff costs (Squads/ART/AFV)? I have units in China that need replacements, what is the best way to get them these quickly? Does this come off my manpower listed in the Resource Availability screen? I take it that the # in () is the men in pool?
Also, is Korea part of my Manchuko Garrison 'Northwest Control Zone (per manual 8.6)'? If not, should I be moving the Korean army into China?
Thanks for any help.
RE: IJA Replacements
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:13 am
by PaxMondo
Supply = load cost.
RE: IJA Replacements
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:24 am
by helldiver
Pax.
I have had the same question about supply cost for a while. You say that supply spent to receive a replacement device=load cost; that value displays in the device page of the editor. Is there some "in game" screen where that info is also shown? Also, I assume the requisite supply must be in the same hex as the unit receiving the device?
Regards,
Helldiver
RE: IJA Replacements
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:54 am
by Puhis
Supply does not have to be in the same hex, but supply source have to be near enough. When unit in a non-base hex takes replacements, there's a line in operation report. Like 43rd Division takes replacements from Tokyo
RE: IJA Replacements
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:35 am
by PaxMondo
ORIGINAL: Helldiver
Pax.
I have had the same question about supply cost for a while. You say that supply spent to receive a replacement device=load cost; that value displays in the device page of the editor. Is there some "in game" screen where that info is also shown? Also, I assume the requisite supply must be in the same hex as the unit receiving the device?
Regards,
Helldiver
No in game screen that I know of gives you load cost .... I use 15 supply for squads and AFV's, 10 for most other devices. Just as an estimate. So rebuilding a trashed IJ division can cost well in excess of 10,000 supply. This is on top off all the HI spent to build the replacement devices. Something to consider. This expense is also borne when you do upgrade devices ...
RE: IJA Replacements
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:34 pm
by dr.hal
ORIGINAL: PaxMondo
ORIGINAL: Helldiver
Pax.
I have had the same question about supply cost for a while. You say that supply spent to receive a replacement device=load cost; that value displays in the device page of the editor. Is there some "in game" screen where that info is also shown? Also, I assume the requisite supply must be in the same hex as the unit receiving the device?
Regards,
Helldiver
No in game screen that I know of gives you load cost .... I use 15 supply for squads and AFV's, 10 for most other devices. Just as an estimate. So rebuilding a trashed IJ division can cost well in excess of 10,000 supply. This is on top off all the HI spent to build the replacement devices. Something to consider. This expense is also borne when you do upgrade devices ...
Wow Pax that is rather expensive, even for the well supplied allies!
RE: IJA Replacements
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:19 pm
by jmalter
if you open the Weapons Database in-game (hotkey D) you can find the combat strength & load cost of any device or squad.
RE: IJA Replacements
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:11 pm
by helldiver
Hotkey D for load costs. Yes. Thanks to jzardos for asking the questions in my head and to all for these responses. I am making headway playing the Japanese side vs. AI, Scen. 7, early Jan. . We'll see about my management of the economy soon enough...
Regards,
Helldiver
RE: IJA Replacements
Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:22 am
by PaxMondo
ORIGINAL: dr.hal
ORIGINAL: PaxMondo
ORIGINAL: Helldiver
Pax.
I have had the same question about supply cost for a while. You say that supply spent to receive a replacement device=load cost; that value displays in the device page of the editor. Is there some "in game" screen where that info is also shown? Also, I assume the requisite supply must be in the same hex as the unit receiving the device?
Regards,
Helldiver
No in game screen that I know of gives you load cost .... I use 15 supply for squads and AFV's, 10 for most other devices. Just as an estimate. So rebuilding a trashed IJ division can cost well in excess of 10,000 supply. This is on top off all the HI spent to build the replacement devices. Something to consider. This expense is also borne when you do upgrade devices ...
Wow Pax that is rather expensive, even for the well supplied allies!
Well, the device costs are more. You expend LC * ARM pts and LC * Manpower. and 6 * HI = 1 ARM pt. So were talking ~60,000 HI and ~10,000 Manpower in addition to the ~10,000 supply to rebuild that trashed div.... Very expensive.