Page 1 of 1
Version 1 to Version 4?
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2000 8:48 pm
by Jack
A friend of mine wants to learn how to play SPWAW and there is something I am not sure about. I have Version 1 on cd that I will load for him. My question is do you need v 2.3 before you can download verion 4 or can you just go from v 1 to v 4? I am waiting for V 4 to come out before I start. Thank you for your help.
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2000 10:31 pm
by Wild Bill
I'm not a techie, but there are things in versions 2.0 and onward that might be necessary. Not everything is included in 4.0
If it were I, I would take the time to do it to be on the safe side.
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 1:30 am
by Graf Speer
Wild Bill,
Version "4.0"

???
I have read several reference now of gamers referring to this mysterious 4.0 - but I had actually been anticipating the version 3.0 update all this time . . . where did I miss out?
bepuzzled but still playing version 2.3

,
Albert
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 2:27 am
by Bonzo
I think that they may have added so many new features that they went way beyond what they felt version 3 would be, so have decided to call it version 4. There has been no release of a version 3
------------------
Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay Coordinator: 28th (Northwest) Battalion Headquarters
http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com/enter.html
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 2:32 am
by Drake666
The reason is that some people got their hands on a bata of version 3 and started complaining thinking they had the real version 3.
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 3:34 am
by Louie the Toad
I am playing v.1 now because we started playing several PBEM games, some at the same time and so were never quite able to upgrade. Without quitting a game. We do plan to use V.3 when it comes out. Please let us know if we must upgrade to 2 and anything else in between before we can use 3. Thanks.
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 4:06 am
by Paul Vebber
You need to apply each of teh patches in order, or you may end up with something messed up.
The shift to "version 4" for this release is indeed because of the premature release of a version 3 beta that was posted to be "version 3".
We wanted to make sure the "latest version" was obvious and there really are at least as many changes between 3 and 4 as there were going from 1 to 2
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 8:01 am
by Wild Bill
Sorry Graf..got here a little late, but Paul V has answered adequately...nothing left to say except the Tony the Tiger line...
GUREAT!
WB
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 7:27 pm
by JWW
But you still intend to release a patch from 2.3 to 4.0, along with the complete new game? Hope so. It has been a little confusing reading through all this, but as I recall your last plan was patch and new complete version for download.