Page 1 of 1

On Line Gaming?

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 5:57 pm
by campekenobi
Ok, please pardon my ignorance & feel free to direct me to a previous post on the topic... but I'm confused as to the "head to head" or "combat net" vs. "online" ways to play this game... So here's my main question.

When you start the game there is a choice "Play Online"... then it asks for your IP address.... I once tried this & had the option to play against the computer, 'on line' I guess. My question is, if I link up w/ a friend & we both know our IP adresses, does that mean we can link a live game on the net together simply through the game itself & no third party softwares/engines, etc.???

Thanks.

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 6:25 pm
by Kaakao
Yes, that's true. Just enter the ip-address and your computer will connect to that other computer if it's set to host a game. Then just fix the settings and it's done. You can also chat with "Enter" while playing. But remember, online games take alot of time if there's alot of points. Usually with 3000 points you can't finish the game in one night.

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:51 pm
by JediMessiah
online is the best way to play this game


if youre looking for an opponent

msn messenger hcnup@msn.com
icq # 168451787


-jedimessiah

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:53 pm
by campekenobi
Cool ! thanks for the reply - I'll email you so we can hook up :)

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:01 pm
by Commander Klank
Hi there,

If you have or can get ICQ you can find online opponents reallly easy. I t is also alot easyer to set up on line game with ICQ. If you get ICQ enter my ICQ address and we can link up. I'm ussally prowling for opponents on Friday nights.

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:07 pm
by campekenobi
Can you get ICQ free or is it a service?? I know I can get Instant Messenger free.....

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:17 pm
by JediMessiah
klank introduced me to icq and its great, or get trillian

both are free to d/l (google search for trillian)


if you d/l trillian, you wont need to d/l any other messengers...it includes icq, msn, aol and yahoo...pretty neat


my aol is whatwouldericdo
msn hcnup@msn.com
icq # 168451787


lets rock!


-jedimessiah

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:19 pm
by campekenobi
Cool - thank you ALL - I will try to hook up this weekend w/ someone :-)

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:14 pm
by Commander Klank
I highly recommend ICQ; alot of guys have it and it's fairly easy to use. Besides "chating" with other players you can quickly send and recive game and map files. We're slowly getting a ever growing group of regulars that meet online Friday and Saturday nights to fight each other (on ICQ) so I hope you join us and your more than welcome.:)

And that goes for anybody else interested in joining us:D

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:25 pm
by Commander Klank
Here's a link to a site that has the free ICQ download. It's half way down labled ICQ2000b.

http://www.btinternet.com/~chris.heaton/gator/gator.htm