Page 1 of 1

the stutter

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:04 am
by Cruis.In
it really annoys me

check this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQgeJML_tMw

no matter how high end the system is. A 20 vs 20 will cause the slight stutter. Please please upgrade the rendering engine or something. Its got nothing to do with the size of game being played etc. The ship combat just stutters once a certain number are on screen and they start shooting.

I therefore suspect the weapon effects are the single greatest culprit. Since hundreds of ships can mingle on screen fine but when you ask them to shoot to one another it stutters during weapons fire.

RE: the stutter

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:27 am
by Haree78
Well this really is a case of the game allowing you to go as large as you like but you need the hardware to support it yourself. Optimisation can only go so far.
I don't have stutter issues that you speak of unless I have numbers of ships verging on 100 doing battle.
I guess they went with the idea that it's up to the user to limit their games based on what their computer can manage, not set an arbitrary limit to try and never have slow down.

RE: the stutter

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:17 am
by WiZz
It's a video of original game. In addons performance is far better.

RE: the stutter

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:28 pm
by Cruis.In
what are the specs of your pc?

RE: the stutter

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:57 pm
by DPimentel
I get stutter and I also get the music shutting down. I've stopped playing the game because of it.

RE: the stutter

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:34 pm
by Cruis.In
I have a high end card. Which I know the game doesn't use. It uses processing power. I have high end core i 7.

In eve I can play thousand ship battles at smooth frame rate. it is the limitations of the engine.