Page 1 of 1

Cant build mine station because in another empire territory?

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:37 am
by Antmf_slith
I approached a system that my exploration ships found and it is within my influence sphere but says I cant build there because its in another empires territory. I thought if it is in my influence area they couldnt build there and I could?

RE: Cant build mine station because in another empire territory?

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:17 am
by Bingeling
That sounds strange. It could be there is another empire's colony that you have not discovered, and that your influence area is not what you think it is.

RE: Cant build mine station because in another empire territory?

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:52 am
by Kayoz
Please check what version of DW you're running - there was an influence sphere bug that was fixed post-release.

First screen after launching DW, in the bottom left corner. What is the version noted there?

RE: Cant build mine station because in another empire territory?

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:06 am
by Niaru
Well, it still happens to me that when I did not yet encounter an empire but am in its sphere of influence, I can't build anything in the region.

Generally at the game start, when another empires homeworld is that close to mine, that the spheres overlap.

RE: Cant build mine station because in another empire territory?

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:14 am
by Bingeling
It is good that there is an overlord in the game that prevents you from stepping over unknown borders [:D]