Page 1 of 1

Installation problems!!!!

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 6:40 pm
by laffn
Can anyone tell EXACTLY how I install the upgrades 2.2 and 2.3? I've read the installation procedures but I still get v 2.1 when I load the game.
I go trough the installation wizard without any probs, in the end it asks me to make a new folder which is then placed in the original SPWAW folder. Is it supposed to be like that? When I open the new folder in the original SPWAW folder I d.click autorun (since there's no EXE file there, why not?) and I get a reply telling me it cannot find the EXE file. In the original SPWAW folder there's an EXE file though, but when I d.click that I get the old 2.1v instead of 2.2 or 2.3..... help someone, this should be a cakewalk..



------------------
o-dog (Blitzkrieg gaming member)

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 6:50 pm
by Infanterie
Make sure you install the updates to the *same* folder where your previous version is, not to a new folder under it. E.g. if you have the game installed in C:\Games\Steel Panthers World At War, give the same path for updates.

Hope this helps! (I made the same error myself first time)

Image

--Inf

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 7:11 pm
by Bill
Hi laffn,
I upgraded as follows, accepting defaults all the time:-

1/ Double click zip file.

2/ Welcome [NEXT]

3/ License [ACCEPT]

4/ User Information - [NEXT]

5/ Important Information - [NEXT]

6/ Install folder. This is where you would most likely be going wrong. The default is

C:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World At War

but check where yours is.

7/ Short cut folder - [NEXT]

8/ [INSTALL]

Now I start off of the program menu. I actually select the application

Steel Panthers World at War v2.1

and was worried at first that I hadn't installed the upgrades properly.

However, when I played the game I noticed that in the bottom right hand corner of the scenario selection screen it says 'version 2.3'. So this could be worth checking.

I know I've spelt it out but you want to know if you're missing something obvious when things don't seem to work properly.

Hope it works out. Let us know how you get on.

Bill

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 7:26 pm
by laffn
Thanx guys! I just installed it correctly..