Page 1 of 1
OT Need help
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:56 pm
by VMF 214
Santa has brought me a new laptop, WITPAE was the first install....My other favorites are the Silent Hunter Series....I have 3 and 4 and it seems they do not work on windows 8. Can anyone help with a way to get it to work or direct me to a good WWII subsim game that will work on Windows 8. Thanks for the help.
RE: OT Need help
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:48 am
by sprior
Have you tried using Compatability Mode?
RE: OT Need help
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:56 am
by VMF 214
Thanks for your response......I have not. I must admit I am not a computer whiz and I am finding using Windows 8 to be like using a computer for the first time ( was an XP user ). I will search for how to use it though. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
RE: OT Need help
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:51 pm
by JocMeister
If windows 8 are anything like 7 you just right click the .exe and you will have a "compability tab" there! [:)]
RE: OT Need help
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:07 pm
by VMF 214
Thanks, I did a search and it appears easy enough through some articles I found (they made it look easy at least). I shall give it a shot when I get home.....Thanks for the reply [:)]