Page 1 of 1

resolution help

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:07 am
by AtlantisRisen
Hi guys, I'm trying to fix my game's resolution in the startup.ini file, but I'm having problems. My monitors resolution is 1600x1200, but when I set the startup.ini file to that resolution, the game runs in a big window instead of fullscreen, and doesn't fit on my screen, even though it should fit fine. Any ideas?

Thanks :)

RE: resolution help

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:55 am
by Cruis.In
1600 by 1200 seems weird resolution for a monitor.

try 1600 * 1050 and set your game accordingly

RE: resolution help

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:52 pm
by AtlantisRisen
ORIGINAL: Cruis.In

1600 by 1200 seems weird resolution for a monitor.

try 1600 * 1050 and set your game accordingly

1600x1200 is my monitors native resolution. It's a 4:3 CRT monitor. Depending on your age, that may be before your time. :) It can also run at 1800x1440.

Anyway, using any resolution now, results in windowed mode. My startup.ini file looks like this:

'Distant Worlds startup settings

screenwidth 1280
screenheight 1024
'hyperdrivespeed 1.6

No matter what resolutions I put in there, it always runs windowed. Just in case, I also tried commenting out and un-commenting out the hyperdrive line, that had no effect. If I delete startup.ini altogether, then the game runs fullscreen, but not at my monitors resolution. It runs at about 1280x1024.

RE: resolution help

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:17 am
by Pipewrench
'Distant Worlds startup settings

'screenwidth 1024
'screenheight 768
'hyperdrivespeed 1.6

these values are remarks (') in the original file.
if you remove the (') it over-rides the current resolution auto-detect and forces windowed mode with the .ini variables .

normally most resolutions are detected but if it is not working for you it might be worth your while to post in tech support.

RE: resolution help

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:15 pm
by AtlantisRisen
ORIGINAL: pipewrench

'Distant Worlds startup settings

'screenwidth 1024
'screenheight 768
'hyperdrivespeed 1.6

these values are remarks (') in the original file.
if you remove the (') it over-rides the current resolution auto-detect and forces windowed mode with the .ini variables .

normally most resolutions are detected but if it is not working for you it might be worth your while to post in tech support.

That explains why I was getting that window. Thank you!

RE: resolution help

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:57 pm
by invaderzim
Hmm, does anyone know what hyperdrivespeed speed does?