Page 1 of 1

Upgrading auto-convoy ships.

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:50 am
by prototek
I couldn't find anything about this in the manual. I'm just not sure about this. I thought I saw my auto-convoy ships sitting there in San Fransisco when they were supposed to be upgrading.

If a ship is set to auto-convoy and an upgrade is due, will it automatically go into upgrade mode if it's sitting in it's auto-convoy port? Or do I have to take it out of auto-convoy and then let it upgrade?

RE: Upgrading auto-convoy ships.

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:11 am
by Bullwinkle58
ORIGINAL: prototek

I couldn't find anything about this in the manual. I'm just not sure about this. I thought I saw my auto-convoy ships sitting there in San Fransisco when they were supposed to be upgrading.

If a ship is set to auto-convoy and an upgrade is due, will it automatically go into upgrade mode if it's sitting in it's auto-convoy port? Or do I have to take it out of auto-convoy and then let it upgrade?

You have to take it out of auto-convoy first. If the ship is red in the port list it's in auto-convoy-land and that code "owns" it. The upgrade filters go right over it. This isn't that arduous of course. Once a month at most, and the merchants tend to upgrade in big chunks all over the map by date.

RE: Upgrading auto-convoy ships.

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:30 am
by prototek
Ah yea that's not too bad. Thanks for your help.