Page 1 of 4

Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:21 am
by PunkReaper
Just had a tweet from Matrix "Big announcement later today"....... mmm

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:23 am
by LarryP
They bought the Simcity franchise. Oh well... [:D]

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:30 am
by DuckofTindalos
They're declaring bankruptcy.

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:36 am
by LarryP
They're purchasing the Simcity franchise THEN declaring bankruptcy.

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:53 am
by doomtrader
Gabe Newell contacted them and allowed to put Panzer Corps on Steam through the backdoor.


RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:29 pm
by british exil
ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper

Just had a tweet from Matrix "Big announcement later today"....... mmm

When today European time or US time??

Mat

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:43 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Well, they're an American company, so...

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:48 pm
by british exil
I thought matrix had joined Siltherine and was thus an English company.


Mat

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:53 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Matrix still exists as a separate entity, as far as I know. The brand name certainly hasn't gone anywhere.

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:15 pm
by wodin
No they are the same company..just kept the American offices as Matrix..to keep things simple. They are all really called Slitherine Group.
ORIGINAL: Terminus

Matrix still exists as a separate entity, as far as I know. The brand name certainly hasn't gone anywhere.

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:18 pm
by british exil
Thanks, for the clarification, was not quite sure if I had the facts right.

Mat
ORIGINAL: wodin

No they are the same company..just kept the American offices as Matrix..to keep things simple. They are all really called Slitherine Group.
ORIGINAL: Terminus

Matrix still exists as a separate entity, as far as I know. The brand name certainly hasn't gone anywhere.

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:28 pm
by PunkReaper
So a linkage with Games Workshop.... Didn't see that coming

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:41 pm
by Erik Rutins

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:48 pm
by vonRocko
More fantasy.[:(] The slide from serious games continues. More ipad fodder. Sorry, I can't get excited about this.

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:01 pm
by doomtrader
Slitherine replacing THQ seems interesting!

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:25 pm
by IainMcNeil
We have been accepted as a bidder in the next round of asset sell off at THQ ;)

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:47 pm
by martok
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

tm.asp?m=3286194&mpage=1&key=� [8D]

Fascinating. I'll be very curious to see where this goes.



RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:13 pm
by wodin
Well if they do this right it will be superb..and something I've banged on for awhile. The tabletop games are ripe for sensitive PC conversion..making sure what the tabletop players love is in game..like Marine customisation and army painting. As well as turn or wego and tactical. I really hope this isn't a missed opportunity and what we get is some mobile based game or rts. The market out there is massive..and is a source that really hasn't been tapped into by PC games.

Please I implore you make the most of it and produce something that is tactical..replayable..customisable..and looks great and lots of depth.

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:15 pm
by wodin
ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Slitherine replacing THQ seems interesting!

Doom all those conversation we had last year eh? Remember..

RE: Big Announcement

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:35 pm
by IainMcNeil
The game designed is pretty much complete and some assets are in production and I just can't wait to play it. For now all I can say is it is turn based and will use the PBEM++ system for multiplayer. I can't wait to tell you more! :)