Page 1 of 1

Let's Play The Merchs

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:02 am
by Antiscamp
I've begun a Let's Play series with Distant Worlds Legends and my own Human Revolution mod. I have two episodes uploaded already.

I am going to try and keep each episode at about 30 minutes. There will be one episode per day, and I'm going to continue the series until it reaches a natural finish OR Shadows comes along.

Excuse my noob problems. This is my first Let's Play. You might need to turn the volume up; my voice is a bit low in the first episodes. I'm going to move my microphone when recording today's episode and see if it makes sound quality better.

Playlist The Merch

Episode 1 In the Beginning
Episode 2 The Pirates of Aqoenia
Episode 3 The Assimilation of Geminur 2
Episode 4 The Discovery at Quameno
Episode 5 Welcome into The Empire!
Episode 6 Race for The Nexus
Episode 7 Cashflow
Episode 8 Unprovoked Attack
Episode 9 Shifting Fortunes of War
Episode 10 The Harder They Fall
Episode 11 Restoration
Episode 12 Coup d'Etat
Episode 13 Weapons of Mass Destruction
Episode 14 Watching the Enemy
Episode 15 Operation Distortion
Episode 16 Vengeance War
Episode 17 General Offensive
Episode 18 The Space Babes
Episode 19 Public Relations Campaign
Episode 20 Off Into The Sunset

RE: Let's Play The Merchs

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:22 am
by StarLab
Cool! Got something to watch with my breakfast. [8D]

Following and Subbed! [:)]

RE: Let's Play The Merchs

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:44 am
by Antiscamp
Thanks, StarLab. [:)]

I've been watching different LP's for years, but never really considered how hard it is to create them. But it's really fun too!

RE: Let's Play The Merchs

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:33 pm
by Antiscamp
For all my thousands of fans. Two more tonight, to get in pace with my production. From then on it'll be one a day.

Episode 3 The Assimilation of Geminur 2
Episode 4 The Discovery at Quameno

RE: Let's Play The Merchs

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:54 pm
by StarLab
ORIGINAL: Antiscamp

Thanks, StarLab. [:)]

I've been watching different LP's for years, but never really considered how hard it is to create them. But it's really fun too!

The hardest part for me was keeping my language at a PG-13 level. [:D]

And yes, it is a ton of fun making them. [:)]

RE: Let's Play The Merchs

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:47 am
by Antiscamp
LOL I use a lot of bad language in my daily life, but I'll try to keep it out of the Let's Plays. Swearing is OK, but I don't like the Let's Plays where the player sits and swears just for swearing's sake. If I really get mad, you'll get to hear swearing in some obscure foreign languages too. [:D]

RE: Let's Play The Merchs

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:07 pm
by Dracus
ORIGINAL: Antiscamp

LOL I use a lot of bad language in my daily life, but I'll try to keep it out of the Let's Plays. Swearing is OK, but I don't like the Let's Plays where the player sits and swears just for swearing's sake. If I really get mad, you'll get to hear swearing in some obscure foreign languages too. [:D]


You might not want to read my book when it comes out. My starship crew uses alot of bad words.

RE: Let's Play The Merchs

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:15 am
by Antiscamp
No, I'd read that anyway. [:)] Sounds interesting, in fact. When do you plan to release the book?

RE: Let's Play The Merchs

Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:40 pm
by Antiscamp
This weekend I'm going to do at least two episodes per day. I was thinking about starting a second LP series on either StarDrive or Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes, at the side of this one, but instead I'll be focusing on this Distant Worlds Let's Play this weekend.

Here are my two latest episodes, which I've done today. They describe the beginning and progress of the Sluken-Merch war agains the Zenox.

Episode 8 Unprovoked Attack
Episode 9 Shifting Fortunes of War

Decided to do a third this evening. This one's my best one yet.

Episode 10 The Harder They Fall

...And to conclude this weekend, here's the fourth.

Episode 11 Restoration

RE: Let's Play The Merchs

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:26 pm
by Antiscamp
There won't be an episode tomorrow. I'll be back uploading on thursday and also do several more of them each day during the Easter weekend.

RE: Let's Play The Merchs

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:21 pm
by StarLab
Been somewhat busy as of late so I'm only on Ep4 right now. Hopefully I'll get caught up before your Easter episode-flood. [8D]

RE: Let's Play The Merchs

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:56 am
by Antiscamp
LOL I really don't want it to become a flood though, so I've been checking out the beta of Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes as well to possibly make a parallell LP of. I've been having a weird graphics glitch with it though, which may make it hard to record, so we'll see.

At least, tonight I'm going to continue my DW Let's Play.

RE: Let's Play The Merchs

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:46 am
by CrispMPS
Trying to catch up on this LP. Really like what I see!

RE: Let's Play The Merchs

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:24 am
by Antiscamp
Thanks! I like your Let's Play really much too. I am so sad to hear about the problems you've had with corrupting saves.

I'll be starting my Easter Flood today, but I'm going to keep it at two episodes per day anyway. I don't want to overdo it.

RE: Let's Play The Merchs

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:17 pm
by Antiscamp
The last episode is posted. Unfortunately, I experience game-breaking lag and have to quit the LP here since it's not worth recording anymore. In the final episode we look back at what we've been through and study the pie chart a bit, to find the Confederate Planets at the top. That's a comfort, at least.

I had a good game though and enjoyed every minute of it.

The game is still fully playable, but lags because I'm recording at the same time. Therefore, if you want to continue from the last save game, here it is! Tell me how it goes. The Save Game is found here