Page 1 of 1

Game Settings

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:06 pm
by kenright
So I was wondering what game settings you guys tend to play on. I find myself expanding too quickly and becoming unstoppable pretty much right off the bat, because the AI is not quite as aggressive at expanding and everything.

How do you guys set up your games, so that there is challenge but not overbearing challenge?

RE: Game Settings

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:48 pm
by Bingeling
Overbearing challenge is individual.

I would poke around.

Expansion young. Maybe one step above the lowest tech.
You starting, basic tech.
Hard or Very hard.
Trying or Harsh homeworld for yourself.
Very expensive research.

Keep away from cheap tricks. Excessive tech trading, and such... If you are good, there is a lot to gain from doing things manually. If this is a good description of you, consider automating key parts.

RE: Game Settings

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:42 pm
by kenright
I realize overbearing challenge is individual, which is why I asked for others settings to see what has worked in the past for them :P

Thank you, I'll try that out next time.