Page 1 of 1

Core units preferance

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2000 12:40 am
by Ballan
Generally speaking what core ubits do most users buy at the beginning of the ww2 Campaigns. Theres usually just enough for a mech company and maybe a cheap or under strength tank company.
Also the AI usually buys far too nuch infantry and few AFVs, it is supposed to be Steel Panthers after all.

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2000 1:04 am
by GI Joe
Ballan,

I generally try to make it a balanced core no matter the size. Personally I like to bump up the beginning purchase points so I have enough for a Bn(-) with all the necessary support. A good mix of tanks and infantry will get you through just about anything...

Joe

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2000 2:26 am
by orc4hire
Combined arms trumps everything.

I like a tank company, a mech infantry company, and some odds and ends like a machine gun platoon, a mortar (take the tiny mortars from your infantry platoons and assign them to this mortar to make your own mortar platoon, then upgrade them to something man sized), a forward observer, and a couple of SPAA units.

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2000 3:59 am
by Jackk
I like smaller forces than these other tough guys :-)
I usually get:
1- scout platoon (2 cars, 2 jeeps, 2 squads)
2- sections of tanks
1- section of TDs or Dozers
3- platoons of riflemen (HT's if they have them)
1- platoon of engineers
3- 50 cal gunners to be split up with the grunts
1- 3pack of howitzers and trucks
2- AT guns and trucks
I also try to get my inf with HTs or I buy trucks at first, assign em to the inf, and upgrade them to tracks later on.

And that's about it. Anything else I need I get in support.



------------------
Jackk
"Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck"