Page 1 of 1

CTD when going in standby mode

Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:43 pm
by Florestan
I’m not sure how windows calls this in english, but I've set up my PC to go in this standby mode where the computer shuts off completely and saves the memory to the hard drive. On my win7 x64, it makes shadows systematically lose XNA display hook or something, and CTD which is kind of annoying, because the game is even longer to load than Legends. Which worked well in this regard.

RE: CTD when going in standby mode

Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:25 pm
by Erik Rutins
I believe you're talking about hibernation - we'll take a look, but continuing to play through an interruption because of hibernation was not something we tested.

Regards,

- Erik

RE: CTD when going in standby mode

Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:17 am
by Florestan
Found a workaround: in the game main menu ( with the Tutorial, quick start, start new game…), the game do not crash anymore. Just have to wait for the loading of the current game.

RE: CTD when going in standby mode

Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:07 pm
by maeschba
My computer just resumed its work and greeted my with a crashing Distant Worlds [:(]

Good to know that I could exit to the main menu before putting my system in standby mode. After some time, my system (Win8/64bit on an Alienware M15x laptop) goes automatically from standby to hibernate. Given the initial loading time of DW, I would prefer to let the game running when I pause my system (I normally do reboots or shutdowns only for system updates).

RE: CTD when going in standby mode

Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:50 pm
by scotten_usa
For me, I would never try to hibernate ANY PC game. I think it is much better to save and exit DW before hibernation.

RE: CTD when going in standby mode

Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:51 am
by maeschba
I would like to never want to hibernate a game, but the loading times of DW do that to me. I'm perfectly fine to load games like Armada 2526 or Panzer Corps several times a day, but DW or Ageod (or Civ5, or Paradox games) games make me nervous if I have to load them too often (I experienced the same syndromes with the few games I had on tapes back in the days) [>:]

RE: CTD when going in standby mode

Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:16 am
by Florestan
ORIGINAL: ScottenChi
For me, I would never try to hibernate ANY PC game. I
Good for you… Please don't judge what somebody else like or don't like, especially without arguments.