Page 1 of 1

Game crash (when conducting air recon)

Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:26 am
by Qitbuqa
I have this interesting issue. Recently installed GG WitE on my Mac notebook, but since it has only 125 GB HDD I didn't install Windows on that particular machine, I rather use CrossOver. Everything runs fine, but one thing - every second air recon mission I issue crashes my game. Anyone had similar problems? If yes, perhaps I could get some tips how to solve it. If no, then perhaps people playing GG WitE on Mac could give me some hints how to make it run stable. I'm new to this whole Apple thing, you know. [8|]

Thanks in advance.

RE: Game crash (when conducting air recon)

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:30 pm
by javats
suggest, use Parallels, I have had no problems with it. But remember to leave at least 5GB or more free on HDD for OS to use.
Parallels can be had for 39 to 69 on specials, regular price $99.
Suggest, If you can upgrade to 750GB HDD dirt cheap now ($67 newsletter special, Best if you can use 250GB SSD (solid state drive) (not cheap @ $215 but it really helps, see "OWC" macsales
good luck

RE: Game crash (when conducting air recon)

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:20 am
by swkuh
Hmmm... Apple compatibility? We have a MacAir at home now. Elegant but no hard drive. Apple store has PC/Windows compatibility product. Wonder if I can download the game on original serial number and w/o hard drive. And leave the crashes at the store. Anyone?

RE: Game crash (when conducting air recon)

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:36 pm
by Qitbuqa
MacBook Air here as well. Oh well, thanks for then answers.

RE: Game crash (when conducting air recon)

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:33 pm
by swkuh
Apple techs at store say I need "Parallels" and then I need a licensed copy of WIN 7. My WIN 7 came with my Acer laptop and don't how to port a "free" copy. Else, $250 or so at some store. Any help, anyone?

PS: wouldn't mind a few crashes.