Page 1 of 1
What world destroyers do?
Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:49 pm
by Speeder
I for my first time got one (thanks to the bug where you can board anything, and the fact it had only 10 components unbuilt when I found it, thanks to the weak AI that had his homeworld only 2 systems away...)
And at first my reaction was: "AWESOME!"
Only to realize that it cannot conquer planets (it has no troops), it cannot explode planets (it has no bombard action), it cannot steal ships (it does not has boarding pods), and its superweapon is shit... I sent it to fight a lonely station, and it damaged the station much faster with its normal weapons (and it still lost and had to jump away to recover shields).
The only thing it did nice, is kill escorts very quickly... but other than that, what is it for? (beside breaking your firepower count and making your AI stop making ships even when you have 300k of positive money influx)
RE: What world destroyers do?
Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:51 pm
by arkhometha
ORIGINAL: Speeder
I for my first time got one (thanks to the bug where you can board anything, and the fact it had only 10 components unbuilt when I found it, thanks to the weak AI that had his homeworld only 2 systems away...)
And at first my reaction was: "AWESOME!"
Only to realize that it cannot conquer planets (it has no troops), it cannot explode planets (it has no bombard action), it cannot steal ships (it does not has boarding pods), and its superweapon is shit... I sent it to fight a lonely station, and it damaged the station much faster with its normal weapons (and it still lost and had to jump away to recover shields).
The only thing it did nice, is kill escorts very quickly... but other than that, what is it for? (beside breaking your firepower count and making your AI stop making ships even when you have 300k of positive money influx)
The world destroyer destroy worlds aka planets. They vaporize them. Also, you have to wait it charge.
EDIT:
Just tell him to attack a planet and it should start the countdown.
RE: What world destroyers do?
Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:55 pm
by Speeder
How much doing this damage your reputation?
Although I am guessing on the game that I have one, this is the only way I can win (the gizureans have the double amount of my colonies, and I have double the amount of the third place... I guess I could vapozire their homeworld

)
RE: What world destroyers do?
Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:01 pm
by Spacecadet
ORIGINAL: Speeder
How much doing this damage your reputation?
Although I am guessing on the game that I have one, this is the only way I can win (the gizureans have the double amount of my colonies, and I have double the amount of the third place... I guess I could vapozire their homeworld

)
Trashes your reputation.
RE: What world destroyers do?
Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:03 pm
by arkhometha
ORIGINAL: Speeder
How much doing this damage your reputation?
Although I am guessing on the game that I have one, this is the only way I can win (the gizureans have the double amount of my colonies, and I have double the amount of the third place... I guess I could vapozire their homeworld

)
As Spacecadet said, it destroys your reputation. But it's less costly than invading homeworlds, and it's more of a permanent solution.I personally love worlds destroyers.
RE: What world destroyers do?
Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:05 pm
by Spacecadet
Generally I try to capture all of them, but I generally park them after that.
I'll destroy them if I have to too keep them out of the hands of my enemies.
RE: What world destroyers do?
Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:23 pm
by Erik Rutins
Hi Speeder,
You're not using it right. Attack a planet with it and see what happens. That's why it's called a World Destroyer. [8D]
Regards,
- Erik
RE: What world destroyers do?
Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:46 am
by Miep
a question ^^
can i destroy planets without that ships
like i build my own dead star ?

RE: What world destroyers do?
Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:22 am
by WiZz
ORIGINAL: Miep
like i build my own dead star ?
Of course. All of you need the one tech - Super laser. It hidden in galaxy and finding costs a lot of time.
But you own world destroyers can't be such powerful, like original.
RE: What world destroyers do?
Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:29 am
by Miep
ahh ok ^^ this is the best war declation ... go to the homeworld and just pew pew

all dead
or like in empire at war ( multiplayer) ha ha i have the dead star ..
opon.: NOOOO NOT THE CUTE EWOKS
I: SURE DIEEE HAHAHA

RE: What world destroyers do?
Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:53 am
by towerbooks3192
There was one guy here who got a cool AAR on how he sent a lot of ships after a single world destroyer and he lost 2 planets before taking it down. His AAR was pretty epic and it was scary seeing one.
RE: What world destroyers do?
Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:49 pm
by Shark7
ORIGINAL: Spacecadet
ORIGINAL: Speeder
How much doing this damage your reputation?
Although I am guessing on the game that I have one, this is the only way I can win (the gizureans have the double amount of my colonies, and I have double the amount of the third place... I guess I could vapozire their homeworld

)
Trashes your reputation.
Or to put it in a more colorful way: You become the most malevolent being the universe has ever known.
I try to acquire the world destroyers myself, but I have NEVER used them to destroy a planet. Besides, if I go Death Star on a planet, I can't conquer it and strip it of resources. [;)]
RE: What world destroyers do?
Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:03 pm
by Erik Rutins
ORIGINAL: towerbooks3192
There was one guy here who got a cool AAR on how he sent a lot of ships after a single world destroyer and he lost 2 planets before taking it down. His AAR was pretty epic and it was scary seeing one.
tm.asp?m=3171115
[8D]
RE: What world destroyers do?
Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:52 pm
by Speeder
I think I somehow exploded someone homeworld...
I mean, I left the world destroyer blockading it while I fought the stupid AI trying to make my fleets load troops (for some reason quite frequently the fleet AI decide to just wander around without fuel instead of refueling and loading troops)
After I finally managed to assemble a invasion fleet, I went to seek the enemy planet...
And saw the world destroyer orbiting a empty space, no planet.
Wtf?
I am thinking world destroyers can kill planets by accident...
By the way, on my game late-game I ended scrapping my world destroyer, there is a way to refit it? (ie: use its incredible build size, but ditch the world-cannon and put in place some more useful stuff, like troops...)