Page 1 of 1

Inconsistent behaviour with 'Start a New Game' settings

Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:02 pm
by maeschba
I assume that all changed settings should be saved as new default values. Some of them are not. It seems to me that I have to set some (for example Aggression and Pirates on the first page) each time I start a new game. Other settings like Shape, Expansion, etc. are correctly saved.

Since I'm very new to the game, I can't say if it's just a problem with these screens or if some settings are not changed for the new game.

Is there a way to check the initial settings of a running game?

EDIT: probably all other settings beside Aggression and Pirates are saved if I change them and reused as new default values

RE: Inconsistent behaviour with 'Start a New Game' settings

Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:04 pm
by Erik Rutins
The new buttons do include some presets. Based on feedback we're going to also add a "play a custom game" option that will remember all of your settings.

RE: Inconsistent behaviour with 'Start a New Game' settings

Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:08 pm
by maeschba
Hi Erik,

You answered faster than I was able to edit my message [;)]

I only have to change Aggression and Pirates each time it seems. All the other changes are saved.

Cheers,
Michael

RE: Inconsistent behaviour with 'Start a New Game' settings

Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:39 pm
by Osito
Fyi, I'm also finding that "colony prevalence" and "independent alien life" go back to the default value, in addition to the two maeschba mentioned.

RE: Inconsistent behaviour with 'Start a New Game' settings

Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:25 pm
by necaradan666
And there are no defaults for colour and flag when you choose a race.