Page 1 of 1

Zoom issue

Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:05 pm
by WriterNotViking

I'm hoping someone knows an easy fix to this problem. Playing Legends on my new windows 8 laptop, the game insists on zooming in to the maximum level all the time. I can zoom out but the game will go right back as soon as I stop. Obviously this makes it impossible to play. I'm using a LogiTech M505 mouse but the issue comes up with the clickpad as well. I updated the game, ran it in every compatibility mode I can think of, updated mouse drivers, set processor affinity to just one, and nada. I had one instance where the issue did not occur, but I don't recall doing anything different at that time. If anyone has any ideas to offer I will be very grateful.

RE: Zoom issue

Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:17 pm
by maeschba
I'm running DW on an Alienware M15x laptop under Win8/64bit without this zoom issue, perhaps because I zoom using the PageUp and PageDown keys.

My old Synaptics driver's 'emulate mouse wheel' feature feels unconfortable and I don't always take a mouse with me.

RE: Zoom issue

Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:55 pm
by WriterNotViking

Thank you for your reply. When I remove the mouse the issue remains, however. Are you running the game with any kind of compatibility settings?

RE: Zoom issue

Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:12 pm
by Raap
Not sure what your problem could be. Does it zoom in immediately( as in blink) or is it a progressive zoom as when doing it manually?

RE: Zoom issue

Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:11 pm
by elliotg
Hi WriterNotViking

That's an unusual problem. The keys for zooming in DW are PgUp and PgDown. Also the Home key zooms in to 100% immediately. Maybe one of these keys is stuck on your keyboard? Or the scroll wheel is somehow being continually activated?

That's all I can think of, I'm sorry.

Elliot

RE: Zoom issue

Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:55 pm
by WriterNotViking

Thank you for your response. As of right now, the problem seems to have been resolved. If I ever figure out what I did to achieve this I will post here.

RE: Zoom issue

Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:19 am
by maeschba
ORIGINAL: WriterNotViking


Thank you for your reply. When I remove the mouse the issue remains, however. Are you running the game with any kind of compatibility settings?

DW needs to be run as administrator as far as I see. Otherwise it won't start.