Page 1 of 1

PBEM question!

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:25 am
by Vasquez
Hello,

I want to play my first PBEM with a friend (after years of AI sessons). One question:

Is it normal, that I can´t view what happeneds during the turn of my oppenent? After I get the file I only see how the front looks now, but I unfortunaltely see not the moves. Only via the AX review/SU review I am able to find out what happeneds.

Re: PBEM question!

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:59 am
by RickyB
Originally posted by Vasquez
Is it normal, that I can´t view what happeneds during the turn of my oppenent? After I get the file I only see how the front looks now, but I unfortunaltely see not the moves. Only via the AX review/SU review I am able to find out what happeneds.
The Axis and Soviet reviews are the game way of displaying what happened. Not sure what else you are looking for, except possibly an actual replay, which does not exist. And the review is not very good, especially for the Germans who cannot see a number of the actions that happened.

Re: PBEM question!

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:19 pm
by Montenegro
Originally posted by Vasquez
Hello,

I want to play my first PBEM with a friend (after years of AI sessons). One question:

Is it normal, that I can´t view what happeneds during the turn of my oppenent? After I get the file I only see how the front looks now, but I unfortunaltely see not the moves. Only via the AX review/SU review I am able to find out what happeneds.
Vasquez,

Although '41 is lamentable in both the game and on this board for Soviet players, use this PBEM "fog of WIR" to your advantage if you opt to play Soviet side. Make the Wermacht fight it's way thr the funnel that is Russia, both in front and behind. At the least, the troops committed to the rear guard actions and mop up will buy time for Moscow, et al.

Regards,

Montenegro