Page 1 of 1

WWII Weekend coming up

Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:06 pm
by VMF 214
Guys and gal. I bring this up every year. WWII weekend in Reading Pennsylvania June 7,8 and 9th....... www.maam.org

P-61 Black Widow project on display. Lots of WWII aircraft, rides and more. Great time every year.

RE: WWII Weekend coming up

Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:14 pm
by Lokasenna
Wish I'd known sooner, a bit too late for me to make the drive up at this point, probably. But next year!

RE: WWII Weekend coming up

Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:49 am
by geofflambert
I lived in PA for a while (grew up halfway), I was always intimidated by Reading though. Had this idea it had something to do with reading, which I've never mastered. Couldn't you guys have chosen Intercourse PA or Puseyville PA to hold this event? I would feel much more comfortable at one of those sites.

RE: WWII Weekend coming up

Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:52 am
by geofflambert
Please, my fellow forumites, keep the existence of Puseyville Pennsylvania a secret between us. The constabulary could not deal with the stampede on that fine burg if everyone knew about it.

RE: WWII Weekend coming up

Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:28 am
by tocaff
I always thought that Accident or Blue Ball would've done well in the listing of names for PA burgs.

RE: WWII Weekend coming up

Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:44 am
by zuluhour
I'll check a PA map presently, may be an ejoyable motor bike ride from Balt. Co. Md.

RE: WWII Weekend coming up

Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:47 am
by zuluhour
hmmm 1 hour 52 min.......

RE: WWII Weekend coming up

Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:02 am
by VMF 214
Don't forget Virginville [:'(] where the airport is located isn't really that bad if your a little shy of Reading. I will be checking the weather, gets a little hot on the tarmac. Hoping for a somewhat cloudy but nice day. I will post some pics.

RE: WWII Weekend coming up

Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:31 am
by MineSweeper
Don't forget Bird in Hand [:'(]