Page 1 of 1

Anyone seen the Shakturi?

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:49 pm
by Lucian
I've played several pre-warp games in Shadows now (normal empire, not as a pirate) and two of them have gone right to the end game where I cover the entire galaxy and have most techs researched. But both times I won (by victory conditions) before the Shakturi showed up and I'm 100% sure I enabled their storyline.

Has anyone run into them in a Shadows pre-warp game yet?

RE: Anyone seen the Shakturi?

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:08 pm
by Osito
Actually, I haven't seen them either, but I haven't been to worried about it, as I'm a bit scared of them :-)

RE: Anyone seen the Shakturi?

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:22 pm
by Lucian
I only met them a few times in Legends but each time I was so powerful, I just quickly crushed them like the bugs they were. I never had them show up early enough to give me any real problems.

Haven't seen them at all in Shadows yet......

RE: Anyone seen the Shakturi?

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:42 pm
by Leon Shirow
They appeared in my current Shadows game, one of the other empires destroyed all their colonies while I was waiting for my invasion fleet to refuel.

RE: Anyone seen the Shakturi?

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:14 pm
by Lucian
Thanks, its good to know they're working ok, I guess I'll meet them eventually :)

RE: Anyone seen the Shakturi?

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:15 pm
by DeadlyShoe
I only met them a few times in Legends but each time I was so powerful, I just quickly crushed them like the bugs they were. I never had them show up early enough to give me any real problems.
They don't seem to come any later if you increase the research cost, so give that a go... I usually have 200-240k research multiplier, and the only way I can even hurt Shakturi ships is to exploit diplomacy for techs.

RE: Anyone seen the Shakturi?

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:31 pm
by Lucian
Thanks, I actually prefer slower research, but I remember seeing somewhere that being near the top of the research tree is one of the prerequisites for the Shakturi to appear so I've been keeping it on normal so I don't conquer the galaxy at relatively low tech and never see them..

Although I've heard so many conflicting stories about what triggers them, I don't know what to believe any more.

I'll slow it down in my next game.