Page 1 of 1
Playing DW for years - might quit over this
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:36 pm
by gargoil
I cannot ever build a hidden pirate base.
I have 100% control for 2.5 years of a independent colony. I have resources. I have 47k credits.
Green hammer on planet says "No Planetary Buildings Available". Other yellow/gold hammers for constructor to queue to build spaceport, resort, mine, etc.
What the hell?
RE: Playing DW for years - might quit over this
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:06 pm
by Tiberiumkyle
Hidden pirate base costs 100k, iirc.
RE: Playing DW for years - might quit over this
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:20 pm
by Shark7
Yep, they are expensive to build. They are also hard to complete.
RE: Playing DW for years - might quit over this
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:30 pm
by gargoil
ORIGINAL: Shark7
Yep, they are expensive to build. They are also hard to complete.
I Could have sworn I saw on these forums that they were 30k. I got a defense mission for 15.6k. And then raided that same planet after the mission for 17K. All well and good. But no income from control until a base is built?
RE: Playing DW for years - might quit over this
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:32 pm
by invaderzim
I think the pirate base is 30k. It's 100k for the fortress iirc. As for the criminal network, I've started one for 150k, I've seen higher figures elsewhere.
RE: Playing DW for years - might quit over this
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:53 pm
by Plant
They cost 30k, more if raider to 45k.
Why post this title in the general forums?
Go and post it in the tech section, where all the bugs are reported.
Don't forget to mention your patch, post a screenshot, and give them your zipped savefiles.
RE: Playing DW for years - might quit over this
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:59 pm
by Shark7
ORIGINAL: Gargoil
ORIGINAL: Shark7
Yep, they are expensive to build. They are also hard to complete.
I Could have sworn I saw on these forums that they were 30k. I got a defense mission for 15.6k. And then raided that same planet after the mission for 17K. All well and good. But no income from control until a base is built?
30 is the first level pirate hideout, there are three levels, 30k, 50k, and 100k IIRC.
RE: Playing DW for years - might quit over this
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:33 pm
by Starfry
Does the Hidden Pirate bases need to be built on Empire controlled worlds? I recall someone saying that pirates cannot build them on independent worlds.
RE: Playing DW for years - might quit over this
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:41 pm
by Mansen
ORIGINAL: Starfry
Does the Hidden Pirate bases need to be built on Empire controlled worlds? I recall someone saying that pirates cannot build them on independent worlds.
Both works - In fact I dare you to manage it on an Empire planet due to the issue of "larger population = lesser potential control percentage" mechanic. Basically - no pirate base homeworlds unless you glass them. [:D]
RE: Playing DW for years - might quit over this
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:51 pm
by invaderzim
Is it still possible to put pirate bases on empire worlds?
RE: Playing DW for years - might quit over this
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:15 pm
by gargoil
ORIGINAL: Plant
They cost 30k, more if raider to 45k.
Why post this title in the general forums?
Go and post it in the tech section, where all the bugs are reported.
Don't forget to mention your patch, post a screenshot, and give them your zipped savefiles.
To answer your question, I keep hoping someone will tell me where it is my fault - that I am not understanding this right. I am a raider, so you say its 45K. I have 47k. So maybe its more like 47,5k that I need?
RE: Playing DW for years - might quit over this
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:25 pm
by Plant
No it's 45k. Have you played the game since? Sometimes it takes 19 days for the game to realise that you have enough money. If not, go send a bug report to the tech sub-section.
I've had pirate homeworlds rather easily, since once you start to control them, you gain more than enough money to control them to 100%, bugs notwithstanding.
RE: Playing DW for years - might quit over this
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:29 pm
by Erik Rutins
If you have enough control (50%) and enough money (30k+ - it depends on which pirate playstyle you chose, some require more) then you will be allowed to build a hidden pirate base. It may take time for the game to "refresh" the button to reflect that the conditions have been met.
We'll looking making this refresh more quickly and give more feedback on why it can't be built.
Regards,
- Erik